Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive device

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi , i have had my fitbit ionic for just over a year , i have been really pleased with it .

However today , for no reason what so ever  the screen as gone dead ! The battery charge was fine ! 

I have tried to charge it , but nothing , just dead , no lights , no nothing ?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @jinybear, welcome to the Community Forums!  

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the details that were shared in your post. If you haven't already done so, please try the following steps to perform a restart process on your device:

1. For Fitbit Ionic, press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If you still have issues with your device, turn it off and turn it back on. For more information, see How do I turn off my Fitbit device? 

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @jinybear, welcome to the Community Forums!  

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the details that were shared in your post. If you haven't already done so, please try the following steps to perform a restart process on your device:

1. For Fitbit Ionic, press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If you still have issues with your device, turn it off and turn it back on. For more information, see How do I turn off my Fitbit device? 

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer

I too am experiencing this same problem. My Fitbit will not work. However, when I sync with my iPhone the battery life is showing 97%. I purchased this watch just over a year ago so it should be working fine, surely not? I am feeling very disappointed, mainly because this happens to be the second Fitbit watch that has stopped working for no apparent reason just after 12 months purchase. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , sad to say my Ionic is  has dead as a Dodo ! No signs of life what so ever !

Can not get it to power up !

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me today. I've had it one year and it is dead. No lights, and buttons don't work. I've tried the options, holfing the buttons, but no luck. 

Best Answer

This is the second time this same problem has happened with my iconic. The cynic in me suspects that there is something in the software that causes the watch to fail not long after the warranty has run out! I’ve emailed Fitbit again about my current watch and will see if they replace this one, however my trust with the Fitbit brand is very quickly deteriorating😡😡

Best Answer

This is the second time with a replacement ionic that it’s just stopped working. The watch just dies and is unresponsive. The cynic in me suspects that there is something in the software that causes the watch to fail not long after the warranty has run out! I’ve emailed Fitbit again about my current watch and will see if they replace this one, however my trust with the Fitbit brand is very quickly deteriorating😡😡😡When will Fitbit acknowledge there is an inherent issue / bug with their watches that needs to be sorted out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most worthless product I've ever purchased.  I am on my very LAST fitbit.  Expensive, temperamental and non-value add.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly.  I had one over two years, this exact problem happened one month ago. Now it is happening with the brand-new replacement. There is no customer support to speak of. They made me purchase a new one and now it has exact same issue? Sorry, that seems like a software bug that killed both. How is this acceptable for a $250 device?

Best Answer
0 Votes