Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fitbit Pay

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 04/10/2018 - Chase is now officially supported by Fitbit Pay! So, if you have a Chase Visa card, it can now be added to your Fitbit Wallet. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 10/6/2017 - Note that Windows Pay is not yet available via the Windows 10 app, and will be coming soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the availability of Fitbit Ionic, we are excited to announce Fitbit Pay! This feature will allow you to add credit and debit cards to your watch to make contactless payments, wherever you are.

The video below will help you get up and running with Fitbit Pay: 

If you have further questions about using Fitbit Pay, check the following help resources:

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

Hello Nathan, thanks for the reply. I just tried the 2 second press but never felt any vibration. It could be that this doesn't vibrate? Or could be due to my diabetic neuropathy where I didn't feel a lot.

But I did "hear" a low "Beep Beep" that might have been the vibration?

At any rate, no padlock showed up (Yes, that part has been tested so I know it asks for the pin every so often) but only a screen with "Screen Wake (Auto)" and "Notifications (On)" showed up.

No card shows. I know the card is in there as I checked from the FitBit app on my computer and it is showing as in the device.

Something isn't working I guess. Just hope it isn't the versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are 2 versions of Versa, one of which don't have NFC. That one will never work with contactless payment. Make sure yours has NFC.

Ionic on Vivo Nex, HP Elite X3 and Surface Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Eric, unlike the American versions that require you to purchase a special edition to get NFC, the Australian editions bought locally all have NFC and Fitbit Pay is specifically mentioned on the packaging and the watch.

In fact, as far as I know, all the international editions do. It's only the USA that seems to have standard and special editions to separate them for some reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fangles wrote:

Eric, unlike the American versions that require you to purchase a special edition to get NFC, the Australian editions bought locally all have NFC and Fitbit Pay is specifically mentioned on the packaging and the watch.

In fact, as far as I know, all the international editions do. It's only the USA that seems to have standard and special editions to separate them for some reason.

I believe this to be correct. Also if your watch didn't support fitbit pay, you wouldn't have the wallet tile in the fitbit app and also wouldn't have been able to add your card.

When you press and hold the button and the screen that says "screen wake and notifications" comes up, have you tried swiping from the left side of the screen to the right? There should be other screens to the left of that screen, one being fitbit pay. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fangles @N8teGee If all the International Versa comes with NFC, that's great. I got confirmation yesterday all Singapore Versa are NFC-enabled as well.

I believe Ionic and Versa has the same firmware. Only difference is the screen resolution. In that case, shouldn't a left button press and hold bring up the card immediately? I never had to swipe left/right.

@Fangles have you tried adding the card on a Mobile device rather than from the PC?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EricTayET Yes that would be normal behaviour with Fitbit pay coming up immediately. I'm just curious to see what @Fangles has on the other screens when swiped.

Good suggestion with trying the mobile app rather than the PC app. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Apologies for the late replies but we are still clawing ourselves out of a 5 week illness. The whole family went down.

Okay, firstly, I'd like to say that the manual is woefully inadequate in many areas and is let down by the many bugs in the software, both mobile and pc version.

I fixed everything and fully tested the pay on various vendors today, no thanks to the buggy software.

1. I first had the idea that something was wrong when I synchronised music to my fitbit via the  windows 10 app. It took 30 minutes because the router was too far away (and the computer is in another room, hardwired) but finished nonetheless. Next day I checked the watch, the music was gone again?????

2. I switched to the mobile app to synchronise the wallet to my device. It said, "Synchronising cards" and it appeared to work. As you can see from my posts, it didn't. And the manual didn't say what would appear on the screen if it worked (At least, not the one I downloaded)

3. I switched back to the PC app and synchronised the music yet again. Next day, the music was still there and I could play it with a paired headset. Wow! What a great sound.

4. Being brave now, I tried synching my wallet with the pc app and it complained that I had to set up pin login on windows 10. Windows 10 wouldn't let me do it, just locked the setup screen for the pin setup.

I downloaded the latest Windows 10 RS5 from the fast ring and lo and behold, it let me setup PIN login. (Didn't warn me that I had to use the NUMPAD to enter numbers, I had to guess) This time, when it said Synchronising cards, the card actually syncronised and I was able to bring it up with the 2 second press. YAYAYYAYA!

Thanks to all the kind people who helped me so far.

Best Answer

So pissed off right now. Fitbit app on win10 now says I don't have any music loaded (I do and can see it and play it).

It says to setup the wallet as it thinks I have no card (But I do, I can bring it up).

Every time I try to sync it says "Oops. something went wrong", a useless error message.

The bugs in this software are unbelievable and render it useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry to hear of your issues @Fangles.

Personally I haven't got any experience with the Windows 10 app, I use my fitbits exclusively with my phone.

Seeing as your problem seems specific to the Windows 10 app, perhaps you would have more luck posting this over on the Windows 10 app board. Hopefully someone with more experience with the app can help sort your problem. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Thanks Nathan. Today I can't sync my wallet again but I have paid at 4 vendors today so the watch is working. Still can't find my music or playlists via the app but the watch happilly plays them regardless.

Sigh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fanglesremember to use your PC app to sync music. I recommend you trigger the WiFi connection first before tapping on the Music tab. Make sure your Ionic is very close to your Wireless router or access point before you do this because the Ionic has a tiny WiFi antenna that only works reliably within a few meters from the WiFi!

Best Answer

Eric, it's a versa but i imagine they have the same problem. I can't have the device near the router as it's in the kitchen and the computer is hardwired with a bluetooth dongle, in my office. The device seems to want wireless and bluetooth constantly. If I put it into the kitchen near the router, it complains about the bluetooth. If I put it in the office near the bluetooth, it complains about the wireless. I can't win.

So i've ordered one of those refurbished wireless sync dongles from the fitbit store that I have read would work with the versa and other fitbits (And I hope it does because I am out of patience)

Best Answer

@FanglesLet us know how that goes. For updating Firmware and Music you do need BOTH WiFi & BT for the fastest, most reliable transfer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not available in Germany. Waiting for Fitbit to release for any Bank in Germany! Would like to have it with Commerzbank too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The sync dongle allowed me to sync my stats at my computer in the other room but nothing else. I still cannot manage or see my music on my versa. I assume that is because it used the wifi?

On a good note, the fitbit app for mobile, it got an update recently so I can do everything except music.

Why can't the wireless sync dongle have software support for music as well? I can't drag my heavy computer into the kitchen where the router is.

Or at least add support to the fitbit mobile app to allow me to manage, add, delete music from the mobile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matt, I cant see the wallet tile. Is Fitbit pay available in India? If am traveling to US long term or short term, then what shall I do to add Fitbit wallet?

Best Answer
0 Votes