Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume control doesn't work

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just bought a Fitbit Ionic to be able to exercise and listen to music without my phone. However, the Fitbit Ionic is not able to adjust the volume of my headphone. I use OEX TWS earbud... I read that there was this problem for apple earbuds and was solved with a new firmware. 

I would like to know if there is some kind of steps to solve this problem or Fitbit is working to solve this problem in all devices? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@ivo.eco Welcome to the Community. Thanks for letting me know the brand of headphones that you're using. 

I appreciate the research done prior to posting. I would like you to restart your Ionic and remove your headphones from your watch. After this, please link them again and check if you're able to control the volume. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried lots of things. I unpaired the headphone, shutdown the watch and repaired in many different ways. I was able to control the volume twice, but there is no sequence of tasks to get the volume control for sure. When I got the volume control, I had paired the headphones with my galaxy S9, switched off the bluetooth of my mobile and then paired with my watch after shutdown it. But doing the same procedure twice does not give me the same result. I think the watch is not doing all the job when connecting with my headphone... maybe is missing some command, or some kind of memory garbage. The issue is something very frustating, because the main propose of this watch in my vision is to be able to exercise without the mobile and the music is one of the main features. If you see some mistake in English, it is because English is not my mother language. The strange thing is that this issue comes from 2017 and until now is not fixed. Are you giving the needed attention for it? It is one of the main features.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ivo.eco Thanks for getting back. 

I appreciate all the details shared in English, no worries about it, we're all here to help you. 

Your feedback is appreciated, we're always striving to improve our features offered. Regarding this issue, I can confirm that we’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer

Hi Silvia! I have some news... I have done some tests to find out a way to get the volume control and I discovered some things. It looks like the watch have some conflicts when the mobile bluetooth is on. So, I will give some steps that I have done to get the volume control and I hope you can solve this bug. To get the volume control for sure, I have to switch off my mobile bluetooth, set the source in the music control to the mobile ("Audio output is controlled by phone"), unpair the headphone, pair it again and play the music. Always when I do this, I have the volume control. When the mobile bluetooth is on, these steps does not work, so it looks like there is some kind of conflict when the watch have to manage two bluetooth connections. When I have the mobile bluetooth off and I don't change the source of the watch in the music control, I don't have the volume control as well. The last thing that I have noted is that when I switch off the headphone and I don't unpair it, when I switch on the headphones, the volume control doesn't work as well. I hope you can replicate this scenarios and find out where there is a problem in the software. I will be glad to help to solve this problem. If you need some more information let me know. Best regards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ivo.eco It's great to see you on the Community. Thanks for the news shared. 

I have shared this information with my team and they will continue to investigate it and find a resolution. 

Hope I could continue seeing you around. 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will agree with "Jogger", there is definitely a conflict when the Ionic has to pair with multiple devices. I could not get volume control until I turned off the bluetooth from my mobile device AND my computer. Had to restart couple of times and repair the earbuds.

This is very frustrating to us, the users and I see this problem has existed for several years. You are losing customers and sales by allowing this problem to exist. I'm considering returning this fitbit as it is unpredictable at this point.

Best Answer

Even in August of 2020 my brand new Iconic gives me little control of volume.   I cannot turn the music up loud enough to hear on my Apple AirPods.  The music feature was one of the main reasons I purchased this model. Help?

Best Answer

As of November 2020, I am also unable to adjust the volume on my bluetooth headphones. I have tried different brands of headphones, and neither of them work.

Best Answer
0 Votes