Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

Same just getting black screen can't see code to link on phone 

Best Answer

I have registered, says same thing every time. tried for over one hour.

Account Verification
Verify your account to receive your refund
Step 2

reference Number - #############

"Reference Code doesn't match .Try again."

No answer on Web chat or Twitter. 😞

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Best Answer

I think some of this might depend on your location in the world. I'm in the UK, England. I'm supposed to have a refund on the way. I was also sent special links and codes for the 40% off replacement + extra band. 

Tips:

1. The access code to the special discounts shop only works once. 
  2. Everything in the main store is not in the discount store. 
  3. The top three smartwatches that are similar to the Ionic are in the discount shop. Including the newish Sense. 
  4. The Fitbit websites are overloaded with requests and it may take some time for your codes to come through. 
  5. Check your spam box for missing emails. 
  6. There is an extra step for getting the discount codes, it's in an email. The subject for mine was: Fitbit Ionic Recall Account Verification- Reference xxxxxxxxxxx. In the email it says 'Click here for Fitbit Discount'. 
  7. Good luck! 
Best Answer

Same problem. Tried starting an online chat and there’s no response! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic actually got really hot and stopped working so I have no way of getting it to connect to my account? How do I arrange a refund in this case? 
I still have the device so I can prove this fault  if need be. Ive tried to speak to somebody on the online chat but getting no reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do you get the promo code from? I’ve done the same with a PayPal refund. What do we use in the meantime?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think some of this might depend on your location in the world. I'm in the UK, England. I'm supposed to have a refund on the way. I was also sent special links and codes for the 40% off replacement + extra band. 

Tips:

1. The Refund as far as I can tell is the same for everyone. $299 USD. For me in the UK that will be about £225-ish.
  2. The Refund can take 3 to 6 weeks to arrive. For me in the UK the choice was via PayPal or a prepaid Mastercard. 
  3. The access code to the special discounts shop only works once. 
  4. Everything in the main store is not in the discount store. 
  5. The top three smartwatches that are similar to the Ionic are in the discount shop. Including the newish Sense. 
  6. The Fitbit websites are overloaded with requests and it may take some time for your codes to come through. 
  7. Check your spam box for missing emails. 
  8. There is an extra step for getting the discount codes, it's in an email. The subject for mine was: Fitbit Ionic Recall Account Verification- Reference xxxxxxxxxxx. In the email it says 'Click here for Fitbit Discount'. 
  9. The discount codes were in an email with the subject: : Fitbit Discount. Remember codes only work once! Even if you don't buy anything. So be prepared to buy when you entre. 
  10. Good luck! 
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit website, system and people are all overloaded at the moment. I've had no success with the chatbox at all. I did get some decent help calling their special phone line. I talked to a person named David in South America who actually knew what he was talking about and where to find the answers to my questions. Very helpful. Good luck!

Best Answer

Any news on if you can't turn the fitbit on to sync to your account but has previously been syncd? Seems there just ignoring the chat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My reference code is not being recognised so I rang support and was told that the suggested 30 minute wait to verify your account is now a few days. Apparently they will be changing the message.

Best Answer

Hi, my region, Gibraltar (Europe), does not appear in the dropdown list and therefore cannot continue with arranging the safety recall refund. Went on live chat a while ago, but was kept waiting for ages and no one at Fitbit answered the live chat. Is there an email address I can contact please to receive help? Thanks. 

Best Answer

Mine is the same, my partners went through OK though 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in exactly the same position. I rang and spoke with customer care who set up a special case …. I am awaiting an email at the moment. I have three ionics and multiple accessories. Initially they wanted me to set up multiple accounts and seek refunds on each but eventually agreed that was madness. … and so I wait 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I followed the registration process for a refund.
Registration went well, but I cannot confirm the registration code (sent by
email by fitbit).
Btw, my Ionic is still synchronising.
Best Answer

Check directly under the email you type . 

You have to type it again to confirm. 

I've only just filled the form in and have to type my email address two times but confirm those .. so four in total... hope that helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Zej,

Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately I cannot even do that as my region doesn’t appear on their dropdown list.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Let me know what they say back to you please because I’ve had no joy contacting them. I’ve started the process of linking 3 to 3 accounts and having to turn them all on & of, but worry it’ll flag up when refunds are all going to one account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your question about the Ionic recall.

We’re offering the discount off a range of products that offer similar features to Ionic, along with our latest improvements and new features. To learn more about the Ionic recall and how to get your refund, visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic, where you’ll find:

* Answers to common questions

* Information on how to receive a refund 

* Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.

Thank you for your continued support and being a member of the Fitbit family.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thanks zombieMoM
Best Answer
0 Votes
Will try through email address stated.

Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes