Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty replacement process

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't know if it is specific to Ionic or customer service in general by the warranty replacement turnaround is unacceptable.  Years ago when I had a warranty return on a Surge it was incredibly smooth and fast.  They shipped the replacement immediately 2nd day air, taking my credit card info just in case I didn't return my original Surge for which they sent a shipping label.  Now that I am having to return my Ionic for replacement it's going to take a month.  They sent me a Smartpost shipping label to return the Ionic.  I didn't realize Smartpost was as slow as it is or I would have shipped it by another method at my own expense.  Anyway it's going to take it 2 weeks to arrive via Smartpost.  They won't ship the replacement until they confirm the receipt.  I can only assume the replacement will be shipped back to me via the same slow method, so I am looking at a month without my device.  Come on Fitbit, why the procedural change?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Yes. After 2 and a half weeks, the return watch still wasn’t delivered (with no shipment status update) and after emailing them, they mailed me a new one. I received a notification that the watch I sent back was delivered 3 and a half weeks after I sent it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

100% agree with this statement.  The new process is absolutely TERRIBLE!  My screen on my brand new versa is all sorts of wonky, not only did I have to call customer service 4 times today to get the replacement, now they're saying it could take up to a MONTH to get a replacement.  How is that acceptable.  Previously they have sent replacements and not even needed the original returned, now you have to return and then wait while they try to figure out what's wrong before sending you a new watch.  I wear this thing every day to track my walking (ps i'm pregnant with diabetes so i have to be vigilant about activity) and they're saying i now have to go weeks without it.  What's the point in spending all of this money if it doesn't work, and when it doesn't work you take a month to replace it?  AWFUL Customer service decisions being made at Fitbit. 

Best Answer

More than 2 month and still no replacement watch. I received a refurbished scratched one sliding in a box. The next replacement was also sliding in the box. I refused the parcel. Waiting for a brand new one in a sealed box. I contact the support on May 21st...

55717562-B1C9-4E77-A5AE-3EF980424CD7.jpeg

9ACBB22A-14D3-43E2-8D31-41E512CF7DA0.jpeg

4C88A817-91A4-49A3-8371-DF38CB6357F2.jpeg

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Thank God I am not alone. My Fitbit Ionic inexplicably died af 6 months. On contacting Fitbit a shoddy incomplete (without lead or strap) was sent in a cellophane pack without any packaging that was rattling around in the box. When I highlighted the lack of attention or care, I endured days of pointless correspondence and excuses that referred to the Fitbit Pebble. The customer service is so poor and limited warranty policy that they keep referring to is biased and too often not adhered to. I am so incensed that I have obtained advice on handling this. The average customer will not have the time to pursue things when treated in this fashion. To add insult to injury every day wasted corresponding to address Fitbit’s  poor product and customer service is another day lost from the warranty period. Pull your finger out Fitbit. Disgraceful.

Best Answer

Started this process today and I'm beyond pissed at the behavior.

10+ Million steps logged with Fitbit and they make me send my device to them first.

I'm looking to change to something else.

I've asked for an escalation to management for this situation. 

Best Answer
I feel your pain. Fitbit made me create and edit videos to send to them to prove I attempted to trouble shoot their watch for them. It took me hours. After they received their broken device (weeks later because they used the cheapest postal service possible), they sent me a watch in new packaging. I have not opened the box. I've purchased a new watch from one of their competitors, and I'm happy with my purchase. I will NEVER use another Fitbit product nor will I ever suggest a friend do.
Best Answer

I have just got off the phone from so called support.

My saga is 6 weeks old with numerous emails and phone calls.  Nothing happens until you ring them, then you get a little progress.  Then nothing happens until you ring.

No one at customer service can do anything with everything being done by 'someone else' or another area.  But you cant be put through to them because hey are not available.  There are no managers that can help you either.

So the current situation is that I have to wait  a further 2 to 3 'business weeks' for a refund. 

The organisation is a joke.

Best Answer

Yes I did, but I had to make a lot of noise! I kept my communications respectful but persistent and assertive. I sent messages and emails almost on a daily basis until I got it back.

Best Answer

Haha. I knew this wasn't just me. This has to be the slowest least communicative return process I've ever been a part of. I was about to invest in Fitbit buy buying stock, not interested anymore. My charge 3 nearly exploded on my arm, it been over a month and no replacement, Im just gonna move on from this marriage. 

Best Answer

While I doubt you'll ever see this, just on the off chance you do ... did you *ever* get your replacement from the geniuses at fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi.
I got what appeared to be a "new" Fitbit watch. However, I was furious
with Fitbit's replacement policy and I decided to NEVER use or purchase
their products again. I gave the replacement watch to a woman I don't like
very much.

I tell everyone I know about my replacement experience.

Sincerely,

Traveling Teresa
Best Answer

While my wife has been a fitbit user for several years, I got mine as a gift in September of last year.  It's always been flaky, but until this newest farce, I was always able to get it to work.

This time, I posted, and a case was opened, and the first email I got from support was than that had opened a "warranty case", and they just needed to know what country I lived in to complete it.  I replied I was in the USA.

The next email said I was out of warranty, too bad, so sad, here's a discount off your next bad fitbit product.  I was, to be certain, dumbfounded.  My understanding from fitbit is that if there was no receipt (gifts), the warranty started to run the day you created an account to turn it on (load the software, whatever it is we do when trying to get these things going).  That makes sense, as you aren't going to just hold on to one of these things for years without using it.  Nevertheless, no receipt, no warranty, too bad, I can fsck right off.

There is NO WAY IN HELL I will give fitbit another dime after this!  I've already told my wife (who was already leaning towards a Garmin replacement), to go ahead and buy one, and I will do the same: fitbit is a company which is unfit to do business with.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem and am now on my 3rd week! Looking at other watches now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After Fitbit screwed us on 3 different watches, we chucked them into
the bi, and ended up with the Garmin 3 +Music: my wife LOVES it, I'm
agnostic towards it, but ... It does it's job; it's FAR easier to set
up; It is *actually* waterproof [!!!], and best of all, we reached out
to a dozen or so users of the Garmin and asked how their warrantee
coverage was: about half had used warranty coverage (everything from
the kids destroying it to it being accidentally baked into a sheet pan
of brownies - that should have been one happy watch!).

Every single request for warranty repair received warranty coverage
(HEAR THAT FITBIT)???

When it works, I like the Ionic better, but these are strictly
cosmetic things - whats REALLY important is that Fitbit ALWAYS seems
to find a way to screw their customers on warranty service, and then
they add insult to injury by "offering a 25% or 30% discount coupon,
usable against your "next" Fitbit!!! SO INSULTING! What on Earth
convinced Fitbit that people would be willing to buy *another* Fitbit,
after being screwed out of several hundred dollars per watch in the
first place????

Surprise FitBit! NOBODY in this family of 6 is going to buy ANYTHING
made by your company EVER AGAIN!
Best Answer
0 Votes

hi i have contacted it about your problem they are going to get back to you in 2 dayd i said you can have a free replacement if you want please respond to this message asap 

from a helper Dylan reply to this message

hi for your return i can create the lable for you or s fitbit doing it for you

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Who are you? You have a total of 4 posts, no photo or other
information, and you are a brand new account. Are you just looking to
collect old dead fitbits?
Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem my watch wont charge and fitbit has sent me an refurbished one i have spoken they said sorry about this i said this is the secound time with the problem i said replacement form or 50% off they said sorry we cannot do any of them i dont understand them i said i am upgrading to apple watch they got me one contacted apple syaing what happend they lost the tracker in post i have information and i have recipt of it being posted it i saw a van and he give me the parcel he sore me being pulled over becouse ofr my car do he passed me it saying sorry we cannot prosess this you have to pass this over to agent tommorow they conatct me to ship it again and i did they gave me it again i dont understannd fitbit please sort your warehouse please and get better and sorting problems i have wrote you a letter fitbit about this i am not happy 

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in the process of receiving a Charge 5 via warranty replacement, and my experience mirrors yours so far. The replacement has been stuck in “pre-shipment” for 5 days now. USPS shows “shipping label printed” but they haven’t gotten the package yet. 
I’m  getting by using my Charge 2, the battery of which minimally functions if I charge it no less frequently than every other day. 
I’ve considered switching brands, but this is still the “devil I know”.

Best Answer