Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather App Not Working--Again

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone having problems with the weather app?  For the past five days, I have gotten nothing but a black screen and no data from any of my locations.  I have restarted my Ionic, synced it over Wi-fi, synced it with the base station, synced it with the power cable on, synced it with another computer, made sure my locations were on, GPS on, software is up to date, and every other trick mentioned on other threads.  Still, I get nothing.  When I went to the "Apps" section in my Dashboard, I noticed that the little gear is missing on the weather app in the "Apps" section, so I am wondering if that app is no longer working or if Accu-weather is having problems again.

Everything else with my Ionic is working just fine--just the weather app--once again.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Good news--I finally got it to work again.  I had to uninstall the Fitbit app and unpair my Ionic from my Bluetooth connection.  After that, I reinstalled the Fitbit app, paired my Ionic with my Bluetooth, and I had to reconfigure the weather app since the settings gear reappeared with the new app.  I'm not sure why this happened, but from now on, for those who only use a PC or tablet, you might want to try this option.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

I have an iPhone and it’s works. You do have to have the Fitbit app running on your phone for it to show on the watch. It even changed the city when traveling recently. Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately, I do not have an iPhone or a smart phone.  I use a PC or tablet only.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

So it worked before and now it doesn’t?  I just assumed that you had to have a smartphone for that app to work. Especially when you’re away from your pc or tablet with no internet connection. Maybe deleting the app and installing it again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it worked before, but now it doesn't.  PC or tablet users have to have their location services turned on, and I usually sync it to Wi-fi, but now, that doesn't even work.  I cannot delete or uninstall the weather app since there is no gear when I check my Apps or have any other way to get rid of it.  I do not want to delete the Fitbit app and then reinstall everything again.  I had this problem before, and it took several months before it worked again.  I was told by Support that the problem was with the weather app (Accu-weather) and not my Ionic.  Perhaps their App (Accu-weather) for the PC or Windows 10 needs an update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good news--I finally got it to work again.  I had to uninstall the Fitbit app and unpair my Ionic from my Bluetooth connection.  After that, I reinstalled the Fitbit app, paired my Ionic with my Bluetooth, and I had to reconfigure the weather app since the settings gear reappeared with the new app.  I'm not sure why this happened, but from now on, for those who only use a PC or tablet, you might want to try this option.

Best Answer

So to get the weather app to work you have to have your phone nearby connected to the internet. Why not just look at the weather forecast on your phone ? Am I being ridiculous ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, the Ionic is not like the Apple Watch.  It does not have to be tethered to your phone in order to get certain apps to work.  However, I've learned that I need to sync my Ionic with my Fitbit app on either my PC or tablet before I leave in the morning.  Once I sync my watch, I can view the weather app all day no matter where I am at, and not computer or smartphone is needed.

I do not have a smartphone.  I use a tablet or a desktop.   If anyone is having problems with the weather app, I suggest deleting the Fitbit app and then reinstalling it.  I have had to do this twice since I bought my watch, but I haven't had any other problems related to the Ionic.  Any issues that I have had have been app-related.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been syncing mine regularly with my tablet but the weather app and strava app don't seem to update themselves. I've got the weather to work today but Strava's stuck in last week. I'm wary of deleting apps because my tablet's a few years old and I keep finding it won't download the app again.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues with both the weather and Strava.  I know how frustrating that can be sometimes.  The only other thing that I have tried that has worked before regarding apps that won't sync is to turn my Ionic off (use the Shutdown feature--not the reset) for a few minutes, then turn it back on, and finally re-sync it.   I hope that helps.

A friend of mine also suggested that you could try to sync your watch using a USB port Fitbit base station dongle instead of doing it via Wi-fi.  Unfortunately, they don't come with the watches anymore.  I still use the one that I got with my old Charge 2 HR, and it works fine with my Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't quite understand... I have had a problem with the weather App for a couple of weeks now. Tried everything. Asked support also - but they have no solution. I put up a question here yesterday, but no answer yet. When I look at the app, I have both my two cities there and local position  - but underneat it says: Accuweather

Sync the Fitbit mobile app to update   - and I have synced with computer, iPad, iPhone without a result. I used the app a lot before when outdoors. Any suggestions with a simple problem-solving I can understand? Else I love the fitbit (when it works), used it for years, it is my third model.

Best Answer

I have same problem. Ionic only 2 weeks old. Weather worked fine and then nothing. Tells me to sync to Fitbit app but nothing happens. Surely, there is a way to fix this?

Best Answer

I think I have to give up on this. Have tried for several months now. Sometimes it showed up - but now it doesn't show up at all. I have paired and unpaired with computer, iPhone and iPad - used "Forget this device", used "Set up new" - Bluetooth off on all equipments, but for one at a time - this is a mystery. The help-advice I have got from support, bring nothing new - I have tried it all. Anybody that knows the ONE and ONLY solution, I can't come up with any new ones! I miss this App - it was useful, (and also something I have paid for)

Best Answer
0 Votes
I look out of the window.
Best Answer
Me too. It was quite useful especially out cycling. It worked fine and then suddenly nothing. Do you think Accuweather has some thing going on?

Wellington, K0K 3L0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Boy helpful when out cycling and need to know which way the weather will be blowing in 2 hours. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could it find where  to uninstall weather app

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried shutting down Fitbit and then restarting. Weather app still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Obviously the fault must be with Accuweather - a very tiny comfort that other people, not only me, experience this. But strange that Fitbit doesn't seem to do anything to solve this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a SIMPLE answer or at least it worked for me. In your Fitbit app, click on your image, then Fitbit model, then apps and then weather settings. SIMPLY input your location rather than “current location” and ta dah - it works again.

Best Answer
0 Votes