Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Is Your Fitness Score?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Mine came out to 41 (excellent for men my age).

I do cardio (power walking/running/biking) just about every day and just turned 60 in August.

Curious what other folks fitness score came out to.

Best Answer
0 Votes
76 REPLIES 76

My fitness score is between 42-46, and I'm 52 years old, now I question if this score is correct or even accurate

For the last 6 weeks, I haven't been well, and only in the last few weeks have been getting better

I have a problem with my heart (bradycardia) and my resting heart rate is around 40, and would say over the last 12 months, my level of fitness isn't the same, and then around 6 weeks ago, I was suffering from fatigue, and my level of fitness to a big drop

Its taken around 6 weeks just to get back to normal, first week, could only walk 20 min's before having to sit down, and now able to go to the gym, and walk at good pace, and cover 3.64 miles in 60 min's

So my fitness score really hasn't changed alot

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Map My Walk app on my phone which is supposed to be a gps but I still get a range for my cardio fitness. Is it not possible to get an exact score? I'm not satisfied with being in the upper excellent range. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only can get a range excellent for my age (61) which does'nt satisfy. I want to knoe the exact score and how to increase to the end of the chart. Map My Walk app is supposed to be a gps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@An_FerbasachI'm 78 and my score is 43-47 and when you look at the Topend Sports link we are in the Excellent range similar to Fitbit's calculations.. Nice to have a range.. but......if you need a single range you have to use a Fitbit device using GPS..

I can't help to suggest MapMyWalk's GPS results link to Fitbit... From your post you have analysed Fitbit's, "how to record Cardio fitness" and the section that states you will get a single figure score if you use your Fitbit Connected GPS..  See this link

Keep us posted....

@An_Ferbasach wrote:

I only can get a range excellent for my age (61) which does'nt satisfy. I want to knoe the exact score and how to increase to the end of the chart. Map My Walk app is supposed to be a gps.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
Thank you. I'll try again today.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ionic-jo wrote:

My fitness score is between 42-46, and I'm 52 years old, now I question if this score is correct or even accurate

I suggest you do a reality check on Fitbit's VO2max (cardio fitness score) estimate by doing a 1 mile Rockport test:

http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/Rockport.html

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

"After a brief warm up, the subject walks as briskly as possible for one mile (1609 meters) with a heart rate monitor."

Walks? Does the test count if I run? I just plugged in the numbers from my old routine, (fast first mile then whatever I can manage after that up to 20 minutes total...usually went something like 8:20 pace then 9:30 after that.) And the calculator came back with 54.4 VO2max and a score of 99. 

99 is the number the doctor gave me when he tested my...something with blood and oxygen..can't remember what he called it. (This was about a month ago when I went in for an ear infection)

FWIW, Fitbit has my cardio fitness score going back and forth every other week between 50 and 49.

I am 45 years old.

Best Answer

@Twinz wrote:

"After a brief warm up, the subject walks as briskly as possible for one mile (1609 meters) with a heart rate monitor."

Walks? Does the test count if I run?

Its a walk test, I suggest you walk for more accurate results 🙂

There is a 1.5 mile run test you might want to try:

http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneAndHalf.html

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fantastic thanks for the information. I got an actual score once so will try again. So I guess my range is actually accurate. Yay!

Best Answer

48-52 excellent for a woman my age. That’s 47

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right now mine is 40 ("Very good"). It's been as low as 39, and as high as 42. I have no idea if it is accurate in an absolute sense, and I don't really care. It was 39 when I'd stopped exercising for a long time and gained weight to boot. It was higher when I weighed less and was in better shape. It matches what my Garmin 235 tells me, so I'm guessing the math/algorithm is pretty straightforward.

All I use it for is another data point that, when moving in the right direction, provides motivation to keep making good choices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was at 43 and everytime I track a GPS run it goes down 😡 Thid makes no sense and I’m about ready to send it back ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I decided to use the Norwegian method for calculations. It leaves more room
for improvement and striving higher.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is 50 - 54. I'm a bit skeptical about how this is calculated. When I was smoking and I would run out of breath after 500 meters, it was slightly higher. Now I can run about three kilometers without any problems and it is lower. Oh well. I don't need a FitBit to tell me that I'm feeling amazing. 

IMG_0900.PNG

Best Answer

I calculated mine and various levels by the Norwegian method and am confident it is accurate. I'm doing great as well and mainly use the fitbit to track sleep.  

Best Answer

I am male 52 years old. 2 years ago was 30 BMI and 220 lbs. now I am 151 and 21 BMI after 6 months of walking and diet. Began running after weight loss. The spent last 7 months training for marathon. Hope to run it just under 4 hours. Resting heart rate is 57 ish but usually lower than Fitbit says. My score hit 60 today and I was so pumped! Use GPS every run. Wondering if it will go up after marathon?

Best Answer

Run with GPS on

I run 309 m. in 01:46 minute pace=5:42 my fitness score is increased.

I run 5.01 km in 28:50 minute pace=5:45 my fitness score is decreased.

Does fitbit check only pace? fitbit should be smart to check pace, heart rate and distance I think. Otherwise this function should be the most stupid function when comparing with VO2Max function of the other fitness brands

Best Answer

I'm 77 with Fitness score of 58

Think it has lot to do with resting heart rate and max heart rate during exercise (running for me), or possibly duration of peak heart rate during exercise,  and seems running had brought down my resting heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems that my score is now 58. It jumped to 55 the first time I've used the GPS to track my run and now is stays at 58. I was skeptical at first but I've checked my HR when running and it stays quite low compared to before. Two years ago, walking outside for longer than ten minutes would have spiked my HR to 155. Now, running keeps it at a maximum of 125 - 130.

It is not a miracle though. It's a combination of factors ranging from not smoking anymore to changing my diet to getting a lot more exercise. While I don't know how accurate the 58 is, I do feel excellent.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Curious what is your age?
My HR is still high when running (jogging), although I can run with more enemy and speed, and fitness score still at 58, and I'm 77,

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes