Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no shuffle option between Pandora stations?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to shuffle songs between your 3 pandora stations?  One of the big reasons I chose the Ionic is for Pandora and no longer need my phone on runs.  I don't really want to listen to one station nor be fiddling with the Ionic to change music during a run.  Very disappointing if you can't do this.  It is a basic Pandora function.

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Don't blame Fitbit, Pandora would have to update their app for this to work. Either they have chosen not to or there might be technical reasons why.

Best Answer

Where did I indicate blame?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your asking a question that Fitbit users will not be able to answer. 

Short answer is because this function has not been programmed in. Longer answer is that Pandora doesn't have a shuffle option or even needs to have one, since they don't let users choose the songs their going to listen to. 

Posting in a Fitbit forum about a missing product on a Fitbit device sort of sounds like the blame is on fitbitFfor not providing the function. 

Best Answer

I use Pandora on my phone and the Ionic, and there is a slight but important difference.

Multi-tasking.

With a phone, you can always go back to the Pandora app and switch channels.

With the Ionic, once the exercise mode is manually started, you can't get to the Pandora app to switch channels.

I also don't like being stuck on one channel, but there is a way to make it work. With exercise like Walk or Run, l let the Auto-track function track the exercise, which leaves me full use of the other screens and apps on the Ionic, including Pandora.

For modes like Weights, that aren't automatically detected, I stick with one channel on Pandora. But it works fine with auto detect.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Did you add your vote to the request? 

Access to full music functions during workout trac...

Best Answer

OK.  So you don't know why it's not programmed. Thanks.  By the way, Pandora has a shuffle option between STATIONS...the songs within stations are automatically shuffled, just not on the fitbit app apparently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@scokillwrote:

OK.  So you don't know why it's not programmed. Thanks.  By the way, Pandora has a shuffle option between STATIONS...the songs within stations are automatically shuffled, just not on the fitbit app apparently.

Could you point me to where that setting is. I don't see a shuffle in offline mode?

Dave | California

Best Answer

@WavyDaveywrote:

@scokillwrote:

Could you point me to where that setting is. I don't see a shuffle in offline mode?

How would I know, this is a fitbit users forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@scokillwrote:
@WavyDaveywrote:
@scokillwrote:

How would I know, this is a fitbit users forum.

Hi @scokill,

I checked on Pandora's site and, at least for the Android Pandora app, you can only shuffle across stations when in online mode. It's relevant to this discussion because the Ionic uses Pandrora's offline mode programming. So features not available in the offline mode of their phone app wouldn't be available with the Pandora's Ionic app either.

It's possible I just missed the station shuffle, which is why I asked for your assistance. You are quite correct in not needing to share that here if you choose not to.

Dave | California

Best Answer

All I did was innocently ask a question and it didn't start out well.  

With that said, I am forced in to offline mode when I don't have good signal on my iPhone.  I'm fairly certain that you can't shuffle stations in offline mode...at least on the iPhone app.  When I work out in the gym I have about 6-7 stations that I shuffle and listen to in online mode.  This gives me a variety of music.  

Before the Ionic, I would run with my phone and garmin device.  My music came from the phone in online mode and shuffled.  I probably should have done some research on the Pandora app and offline mode.  I probably would have still bought the Ionic, but a little disappointed in general.  

Seems like an easy fix for Pandora though.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

No worries, we're all just trying to figure out how things work, so we know what we can expect realistically.

Presently, it seems the app is limited to functions available in offline mode. This makes sense because the Ionic has to download all the music while charging. I agree with Pandora on android also it appears shuffle is gone when offline, like the iphone.

I also agree Pandora should be able to add this on both their phone apps and the Ionic app. Since we're so limited to 3 stations, being able to shuffle across those 3 would be very helpful. Thanks for your reply.

Dave | California

Best Answer