Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will you be able to have two Ionics on a single account?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I see no where in marketing or on the website where you are limited to having one tracker tied to your account. Has this changed or is the marketing misleading (as in if so correct it). Being that I mountain bike as well as other outdoor activities the possibility of having the frame scratched are greatly increased. Since the frame is part of the Ionic It cannot be replaced without replacing the entire unit. When I purchased a 2nd blaze I was told I could not use it without removing my existing blaze. It would be nice if Fitbit would clarify this before officially releasing the Ionic for purchase. 

Thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Brandonium, this won't change with the Ionic - there can be only one of each type of tracker on the account. To add the new Ionic will require removing the old Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Larry. Fitbit needs to list this on the marketing side as it is VERY misleading. No other company I know of prevents you from purchasing multiples of their product and actually using it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brandonium wrote:

Thank you Larry. Fitbit needs to list this on the marketing side as it is VERY misleading. No other company I know of prevents you from purchasing multiples of their product and actually using it. 

Just in case you don't know this; while the Fitbit software doesn't allow more than one of any given tracker on the account at a time, they do allow different trackers to be on the account.  Said another way, you can have both a Blaze and an Ionic on the same account.

Best Answer

@Brandonium,

I'm confused.  The details on multiple tracker support is very explicit on both the announcement and the help article:

"Switch between any trackers you like. Your account can have one of each tracker model and MobileTrack."

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Pretty excited about new product!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Brandonium, I am confused about your question.  You mention your frame being scratched and then wanting a new one...which of course is possible without losing any of your past data.  Your data is ultimately stored on the Fitbit servers, on your account, not on the device itself, so as long as you use the same email address it does not matter how many times you replace your device.

If you would like, for example, to use your scratched Ionic while bike riding, and your new Ionic for business meetings, this is also possible, if a little tedious.  Because of the rule that you can only have one of each kind of device, each time you switch you would have to "replace" one Ionic with the other one and therefore re-set it up.  That will take a few extra minutes.  But as long as you sync, you will not lose any data and you can use them both.

Alternatively you can have two separate Fitbit accounts, each linked to an individual tracker,

Please do post again, if I hace misunderstood your question, explaining more clearly your goal in having two Ionics (or indeed two Blazes or any two other of the same devices on the same account).  I am sure there will be a work around if you explain what you are trying to achieve,

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes you can have more than one tracker on your account, but you cannot sync them at the same time.

I don't think, however, that you can have 2 of any given same device connected to your account. So for instance, I have the Alta HR. I cannot have another Alta HR connected to my account. However, I could have the Alta HR, Flex 1, Flex 2, and Blaze, for instance, all connected to the same account.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Im also confused, if it is only the frame that gets scratched, would ot not be cheaper to buy multiple frams for the Blaze? No reason to by two of the Blaze model.

Best Answer
0 Votes