Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wont connect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic hasn't synced to my s8+ in days. Just tried reinstalling the app and now my bluetooth wont even recognize my fitbit, yes my blue tooth is on.the clock on my fitbit is about 6 hours off and a day behind. I've read up as much as I could to trouble shoot but it got me nowhere. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for the troubleshooting you did so far, that saves a lot of time, @Roadhammer317.  Since you've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, clearly it's not an issue with the app itself.  Let's start with the Ionic itself and perform a reset.

First, we will do what I like to call a "Soft Reset".  You won't lose any progress your Ionic has already tracked by doing this process.  Just hold the bottom right and left buttons for about 10 seconds and release.  You should feel a slight vibration and see the Fitbit logo appear.  This means the reset was successful.

Next, let's work on reconnecting it to your phone.  Please restart your Bluetooth by turning it off and back on again.  Like the Soft Reset on the Ionic, this often helps solve any issues with connectivity.  As a precaution, please switch off or remove any nearby Fitbits and Bluetooth enabled devices.  This can confuse the Ionic as to which device to sync to.  For the phone, it can confuse the Bluetooth as to which device it's supposed to connect to.

If that doesn't work, please restart your phone to see if it may be something going on with your phone.

Failing the restart of the phone, let's do a hard reset of the Ionic.  This will cause the tracker to return to factory settings.  There are 2 ways you can do this, one is by pushing all three buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds.  Once again you will see the Fitbit logo appear.  From there, the next screen will say "To complete setup, visit http://www.fitbit.com/setup.  Log into your app and turn your Bluetooth on.  Then go into your user settings and select "Add New Device" and then "Ionic" and follow the prompts.

The other way to do a hard reset is to swipe right on the watch to "Settings" and then select "About" and then "Restore To Factory Settings".  Then it will take you through the process outlined above.

If none of that works, then it is time to contact Support.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
I chose the factory reset because none of the other fixes you mentioned has
worked. Hopefully this will fix it. Is it normal that it's been over an
hour since I started the factory reset and the fitbit icon is still
flashing off and on?
Best Answer
0 Votes