Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sync Fitbit Ionic to mobile app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wondering if anyone can help. Today my ionic watch had my usual information on but I checked my mobile app and it showed I hadn't done any exercise. My Bluetooth was connecting then dropping out. I decided to delete and then set up device again. I've gone to account, set up device, ionic, set up, it shows searching, it then says found and connecting a tracker, but seems to be saying that for a long time? Any help would be great 

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I haven't been able to sync for two days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems as if this is a problem many users are having and Fitbit has not fixed it yet. I haven't been able to sync in over a week. Been having the syncing problem for nearly 3 weeks.

Best Answer
It's super frustrating. I've had sync issues since day one, but it usually
syncs randomly when it decides to. It's been two days now...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you attempting to sync with an Android phone, by chance?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, Samsung Galaxy S8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've rebooted my Ionic watch and it works now 😉 I have an iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I rebooted my Ionic, updated it, removed APP, reinstall APP and restart my phone last night. Then, finial get it sync again. My Ionic is not even month old. It took me at least an hour to do all of it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do I reboot the watch?

@Nick180374 wrote:

I've rebooted my Ionic watch and it works now 😉 I have an iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called it "reboot" but may not be the right term.

It's under settings>About>Factory Reset:Clears all personal data&app. So far, after reset to factory setting without change any setup or download any APP. Ionic still running without issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's how I got mine to work again about 2 weeks ago...it synced fine for about an hour, then stopped working again. So dumb.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, if you press the home button on the left hand side and on the right of the watch the bottom button (hold both together) and it reboots 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic has not synced correctly for a month.  No matter what I do or what instructions Fitbit customer support has given me, it does not work.  Even the device itself is wrong.  Yesterday it tracked 50 steps for the entire day.  I worked all day, on my feet.  So frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! Thanks for sharing the troubleshoot that you've tried. I would like you to make sure that you've performed this syncing procedure, it contains every step that should be done to fix it. 

If you're using an Android device, confirm that you've turn on location services on your Android. (This applies to users with OS 6.0+. Also, if you have another Fitbit paired to your account, please un-pair it and this should make the syncing smoother. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Bad news. The Ionic stop sync this afternoon. I didn't change any setup and it's not sync. Really disappointed on Fitbit flagship.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fit415 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting this and for trying some steps to sort this out.

There are still a couple of steps you can try in order to have this sorted. Check them out here. Please try the steps in the order given there for best results. 

Try restarting your Bluetooth, for example, that has helped other users in the past. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thank you for the follow up on this issue. I did try those steps in order and Ionic can sync again. This is become frustrated process to go thought reset, reboot or all other setup to sync my Ionic. For me, this is only short term fix and need to do every couple days. I am not even add alarm or any function on the watch. But, Ionic just not sync. Hope I have better luck this time...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Fit415 thanks for getting back and letting us know that your Ionic synced after following the steps provided by @SantiRSmiley Very Happy

I totally understand where your concern is coming from. However, while reading your post and the rest of the users involved in this thread, I was wondering what's the mobile device you're using to sync? Have you checked if the device is added to our list of supported devices?

Note that the devices on this list have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

Our team routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. Be sure to verify that your phone meets the minimum operating system requirements. The majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products. 

Said that, please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

The steps for Mac computer do not work. 5 hours of frustration.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to send mine in and they sent a replacement.  Works great.  Hopefully you are still under warranty?
Best Answer