Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workouts don't show calories burn

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All, can someone please assist me with the following: When I go to my exercise logged on my fitbit app, it doesnt show calories burned from workouts? Usually this logs automatically. I cant seem to attach a screenshot for your perusal. Thanks, Keenan

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome on board @Keenan13, it's nice to see you around the forums! Are you categorizing your activities? Note this is the way it works when you are categorizing exercises. The information to enter will change depending on the nature of the exercise. To give you an example if you change a workout to Run, it won't remove the calories but will add distance as one of the main stats to be reflected, but this happens depending of the activity you are categorizing. However your calories still be counted for your daily totals.

However, you can submit your suggestions in our Feature Request board and people can vote for it. The more votes it gets, the more chances it will get to be implemented. I was digging into this board and I found this suggestion Show calories instead of pace for custom activity.

In order to add a photo to your reply, please:

* When you're in the reply page, click on the Photos icon. 

AddPhoto1.PNG

* Then, click on the Choose File in the middle of the grey window that will pop up

AddPhoto2.PNG

* Search for the photo on your computer and click on Open.

AddPhoto3.PNG

* Once the image shows up in the grey windows, select the size and the position (1) and click on Done (2)

AddPhoto4.PNG

If this is not your case, please let me know I'll be more than glad to assist! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi there Marre,

Thank you for your reply. Ever sice I have upgraded to the Fitbit Ionic this has been happening.

The Surge I had did not give me this issue....

Please see screenshot attached of what I am referring to.

Screenshot_20180711-230457.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me @Keenan13. I appreciate you letting me know about this issue and for providing me more information that can help us investigate it further. Our team is aware of the problem about the calories burned displayed as "- -" in the exercise history list and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, please know that you can still view your calories burned by going in to the exercise summary and selecting "calories"

Sorry for any inconvenience it's caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let me know if there's anything we may do to assist you in the meantime.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thanks Marre, I look forward to a response once this has been resolved.

Best Answer

Sure thing @Keenan13! I will keep you updated my friend, I truly appreciate your understanding in this matter! 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping!

Best Answer

Hi, 

I'm also facing the same issue for Fitbit ionic so please let me know the solution if any.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit you forgot to mention that your team has been aware of this issue for over a year (( first time reported on this forum in October 2017 ) and does nothing. I wouldn't have any hopes of fixing this issue within the Ionic lifetime. Also, I haven't tested it with my Charge 2 but it's more likely to be an issue in the app, not really related to the particular device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes.  It looks like an app problem.  Info blinks on and off on all days.  Annoying!

on iPhone 7plus IOS 13.  Fix app please.  I’m paying for Premium!!!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes