Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about Fitbit Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've never owned a Fitbit product.  I recently began using the Fitbit app as a way to log water, food and steps and I am enjoying it and finding it motivating.

I'm thinking about making the plunge and purchasing the Fitbit Ionic.  (I also was looking at the Blaze.)

So question, would you buy the Fitbit Ionic again?  Do you regret it?  Love it?  Think it's worth it or not?

Any feedback is appreciated.   Thank you in advance!  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
463 REPLIES 463

I'd get it again, it's very lightweight and does what I need it to.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
So far the Versa works, still haven't got music to work, but am sure it will. My Ionic was junk.
Best Answer

Absolutely not!!

have you read about the issues the users are having with the product and the customer support? If you had, you won't be asking this question. And its not that these users (including me) are technically un-savvy or we have given up on the product without trying. 

Best Answer

I totally agree with this post.  The basics need to work first and foremost!  It was a hefty price for something that doesn't work as well previous or discontinued products.  And the website doesn't work as well either.  I think the syncing problem is a huge one too.

Best Answer

I stuck to a $15 iwown i5 for 2 years because i was wary of these products underperforming with syncing problem. The ionic promised features that were good and i finally took the step to replace it on my wrist. Nightmare continued since day 1 and it hasn't stopped for the past 5 months. Do you think I'll buy the ionic or another fitbit product again?

Utterly disappointed!
Best Answer

Bingo!  For me, I'm not convinced yet that I wouldn't buy another but am terribly disappointed with a product I very much want to enjoy and rely on (fully - as advertised).  Mine is rock-solid for the things it does do (sync'ing daily stats, steps, exercise tracking, GPS-tracking (without music playing), heart rate & sleep monitoring, going in the water with me, etc.) and I've even run 2 Spartan races with it, which was awesome.  It's the other things it's supposed to do that it doesn't or does very poorly that concern me (sync'ing music (quickly & easily!), playing music while running w/GPS-tracking enabled, staying connected for alerts/notifications & various other core features).  If it cost $99.99 maybe I let those things go but at ~$300 I expect those newly added features to have been fully tested before launch & work or get acknowledged and resolved when feedback is provided.

Best Answer

I received the blaze as a Christmas gift but I didn't like the way you had to charge it. I took it back and I am thinking about getting the IONIC because of the bigger picture it has and I like it a lot better than the blaze.Tje blaze isn't worth the money if you ask me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No! I definately would NOT buy the Iconic again!  I also had the Blaze.  I gave it to my granddaughter to try. Thw Blaze is actually more attractive, but as a fitness watch, it's lacking. In my opinion the Ionic is worse. The way the display works, or doesn't, in an effort to save battery usr is frustrating.  Very disappointed.  I will probably reconnect it with the app again at some point just because i hate that I wasted money on it. My Surge ia still plodding along. I am waiting for more reviews on the Versa, but I'm also looking at a Polar device.
I lime the social aspect of Fitbit, but two subpar devices in a row?  Hard to justify. I've been with Fitbit since the Ultra, but........
Read the reviews.  There are far more bad ones on the Ionic than good.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I most definitely would! I have had nothing but a positive experience. I love my Ionic so much!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

No I wouldn’t buy one again, mine is back in its box and I’ve went back to my surge. If it wasn’t for the fact I have aria scales I would probably have ditched Fitbit altogether and went with another brand.  Very disappointed with the problems on the ionic and the lack of support/understanding about getting these fixed. 

Best Answer

NO!  I didn't buy this one...it was a Christmas gift from a grandchild.  Do I like the concept?  Yes absolutely.  But the execution of apps, functions and ESPECIALLY wifi connectivity are horrible.

Actually, right now I'm at my computer with my IPhone and Ionic on the desk 6 inches from the wireless router.  I try connecting to wifi from the Fitbit app and he result is "Not Available.  The wifi network is not available, please try a different network".   Yet my IPhone is connected with signal strength of 5 bars, which it should given it's current proximity to the router.  

When a firmware update is released it's a nightmare to download and install.  Again the connectivity issues.  Usually I have to uninstall the Fitbit app from my phone, turn off the phone, turn off the Ionic.  This I must turn on the phone, redownload and install the Fitbit app, reinstall the Ionic to the app, turn on the Ionic and go through the setup process again, then download and install the update.

So no, I would not advise buying and Ionic.

Best Answer

I'm glad a few people like the Ionic.  I'm happy for you that it's got some features that seem right for you.

Best Answer

No I wouldn’t. Have no issues with it. The GPS seems to be accurate, no problem using when swimming, no synd issues etc but it seems to be a hardware problem with a portion of existing Ionic watches. Fitbit seem to have quality problems in the manufaturing process.

Best Answer

I have until the end of the month to return mine and I’m seriously considering doing that.  I have to sync it everyday or the weather doesn’t work.  Sometimes it takes forever to sync and sometimes even after syncing the weather still isn’t there.  Then I keep seeing where after owning one for 3-4 months there’s a multitude of other problems, such as short battery life, syncing issues, etc.  I think I’m going to end up returning mine so I’m not out $300 on something I’m disappointed in.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sold my Ionic and bought a Versa, so far it works great, if you don;t want GPS the Versa does everything the Ionic does. I still haven;'t figured music out, but I think it will work. In my opinion send the Ionic back.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nick248

Since the Versa and the Ionic share the same code base I'm curious as to why the Versa works for you but the Ionic did not.  What issues did you have with the Ionic that were resolved with the Versa?

Ionic, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer
0 Votes

That would be a huge NO. I’m leaning toward never buying a Fitbit product again after the Ionic experience. I’ve owned at least three or four other Fitbit products prior to the Ionic but I’ve lost faith in the brand as a whole. 

Best Answer
I don't have a clue why, I use windows 10 and a samsung sky phone, so the device has to be different.  I like the design of the Versa better also, sorry I can't explain it better.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ionic has major defects. If it is working well for you, consider yourself fortunate and keep your fingers crossed that it will continue to do so.

Best Answer

Not true that Ionic is Fitbit’s first watch. The Surge was the first watch from fitbit (which I owned). When it froze/bricked up, many said just what you are saying - its the first watch and things will improve. 

Unfortunately, I believed that and got an Ionic. It bricked in less than two months despite being gently used and fully charged. Happened on vacation of course when I really wanted to use it. How can a product this defective get released? Hard to comprehend. 

At least with the Surge, Fitbit would ship you a new one immediately. They make you return the Ionic. It’s been almost two weeks since I sent it in and no word if it has even been received. Going to Europe next week and contemplating a Garmin purchase in advance.

Absolutely unacceptable. Will never buy another Fitbit product.  

Best Answer