Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong steps synced to Android app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the last 2 weeks, I've noticed several erroneous step counts, often in the morning, that don't align to any activity. One day it was ~24K steps logged between 7am and 7:15am. Keep in mind, it also says I was asleep at this time and that I logged no exercise at that time. The other days are just as chaotic. Always prior to me waking for the day. Always an errant 15 min period. Always some high number of steps. The worst part is, my tracker is accurate UNTIL the sync is complete and then my tracker aligns to the dashboard. 

I'm using the Ionic and have been for probably 2 yrs. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and I'm still having the same issues.

Help!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Over the last 2 weeks, I've noticed several erroneous step counts, often in the morning, that don't align to any activity. One day it was ~24K steps logged between 7am and 7:15am. Keep in mind, it also says I was asleep at this time and that I logged no exercise at that time. The other days are just as chaotic. Always prior to me waking for the day. Always an errant 15 min period. Always some high number of steps. The worst part is, my tracker is accurate UNTIL the sync is complete and then my tracker aligns to the dashboard. 

I'm using the Ionic and have been for probably 2 yrs. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and I'm still having the same issues.

Help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KBoatman, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for your post and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this inconvenience and how many times since then? Is this happening only with steps or other stats are also affected? Which phone are you using with your Ionic> In the meantime I receive your answers, please restart your device and troubleshoot the app with the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the OS version of your phone is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo!! This series of events started on Sept 2nd. Thats the 1st time I noticed erroneous steps at off-peak times. Meaning, I was either asleep or not moving when my fitbit logged several thousand steps. Oddly enough, these are not tied to exercises or ANY other activity.

I've reset the fitibit multiple times. I've Uninstaller and reinstalled the Fitbit app. I've shutdown and restarted my phone and my fitbit several times. I'm not connected to any other fitness apps. I think its a app sync issue as mt fitbit is correct and then the app on my phone syncs and everything is then incorrect. 

Thanks again for reaching out! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RicardoFitbit ,

I had the same experience that @KBoatman had.

After wakeup I sync my Ionic with the app, and the app tell to the ionic that we made 27k steps. I believe the problem is with the app. Restarting, reset, and unistal the app didn´t solve the problem.

Do you know if there are new information about this subject.

Best Answer