Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing time on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Traveled fm 1 timezone to another clock time changed correctly, traveled back to original timezone and clock does not change. Sync'd several times in 24 hours still does not change. How do you manually change time

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

You cannot manually change the time. It will get the time from whatever you are syncing with.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have synced it countless times and the time has not changed, other items have updated when synced.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @plumcrazy1940 welcome to the Community Forums, I'm happy to assist you with your Ionic time concern. My apologies for the delay in responding your post.

Let me share with you that just as @SunsetRunner stated in his post, the time on your Fitbit Ionic cannot be changed manually because your Fitbit uses your mobile device information to display the time. Therefore, since after 24 hours the time hasn't updated, please follow the next steps to edit your time zone setting: 

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon in the top right corner. 
2. Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu. 
3. Scroll down to the Time section and choose the time zone that best reflects your current location. You can also select 12-hour or 24-hour time display format here. 
4. Sync your tracker to update your time zone. 

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ricardo, your answer is a cop out.  There IS a problem here. I have travelled through numerous time zones since I got an Ionic. Usually the time changes exactly as expected, but occasionally it won't. Right now I am in Vanuatu and the time on the Ionic is an hour out, the same time zone that I came from (AEDT). The Ionic is syncing everything else just fine.  Furthermore two travelling companions with a Blaze and a Charge 2 have exactly the same problem.

The phone time settings are correct, coming from the local cell towers.

If there are any circumstances when time syncing won't work it would be nice to know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes the answer that was given was lame, I said initially that the fit bit had synced several times. But that Got me to thinking, both my phone and my Ionic had received updates since the last time I have traveled between time zones. I went to settings on both and made sure both were using the same time mode (12 or 24hr) and my home time zone was correct (it wasn't on the phone so corrected it); waited a couple of minutes then synced the Ionic, viola the time is now correct. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
Both my pone and Ionic had updates since the last time I had traversed time zones; yesterday I was playing around and saw that my phone time zone was incorrect (although the phone showed the correct time , from the nearest tower I guess) I corrected it and made sure both Ionic and Phone were on the same mode (12 or 24 hr). Waited a few minutes Synced the Iconic and viola Ionic has correct time. I had stumbled onto what you just instructed. 
Thanks for the education.Dick Cook
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately in my case the time AND timezone on the phone are correct for where I am (GMT+11 Vanuatu standard time) It looks like the Ionic is still using GMT+10. But I don't think there's a way to see that on the Ionic.

I'll keep fiddling until next Wednesday when I go back home.

(There was an update to the Android Fitbit app a week or two ago, but I haven't had an Ionic update for maybe 12 months. It's less than 3 weeks since I returned from a US trip and everything worked correctly then.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @TrevorL, thanks for your reply and update @plumcrazy1940. My sincere apologies for the delay in responding.  

@TrevorL Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, certainly this is not a common situation nor the way our Fitbit Ionic was designed. Have you tried changing the timezone manually instead of automatic? As per previously mentioned, the Fitbit app use your mobile device information to display that into your Fitbit device with the synchronization process, therefore, there must be something that's not correctly configured on your mobile device. Also, can you please confirm that your mobile device is compatible with our products and services? 

Also, syncing difficulties can be experienced due to several factors. My best advise will be to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your mobile devices that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed. Also, you and your travel companions can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes.

@plumcrazy1940 Thanks for sharing your personal experience with your device, I'm happy to know that your time concern was resolved after such syncing your device as the way we designed it. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else, I'll be around.

Let me know if both of you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes