Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading app to computer

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried to download the app to computer for my Ionic.  Made it just past the account setup (which did not let me update my DOB, btw, shows me as being appx 30 years younger than I am), and got kicked out.  The app showed in my menu, though, so tried to restart it to finish - no luck, absolutely nothing happened.  Uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app, said it was reinstalled, but second time did not show up in my menu and would not launch from the Microsoft store like the first time.  Tried installing again, and this time, at the Microsoft store, just getting the little swirling blue wheel to wait . . . and waiting . . . and waiting . . . and then it closes and I STILL don't have the app.  Any suggestions?  

AND there's no way to contact Fitbit directly for support without signing up for yet something else, like Twitter.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @peeved

You didn't say which operating system your computer was - Android, iOS or Windows.

Customer support  - click for contact options

Let us know how things go for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @peeved

You didn't say which operating system your computer was - Android, iOS or Windows.

Customer support  - click for contact options

Let us know how things go for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

You can change your date of birth from your profile

Since you already have a Fitbit account you can use the life support option, and last I checked, no special account is needed to make a phone call to super.

Best Answer
Oh, my goodness, thank you so much for the contact options, Odyssey!  I found all sorts, but none for plain e-mail.  I will save this for the future.  

Update - Microsoft Store Support helped with getting the program to finally reinstall correctly.  After that, when I launched, it kept taking me to the screen to create an account, which I had already done on the first attempt before getting kicked out; so it rejected my e-mail as an already existing account.  Almost eight hours later, I suddenly got past the original set-up screen ("create an account"), into the account I had already created on the first attempt; and, after stumbling around for about an hour, came across the option to set up the device.  It is in process right now, fingers crossed it all goes well.  (And I have no idea what changed so that, when I launched the program the last time, it let me into my account, instead of taking me to the screen to set up the account, like it did on the first several tries -- a mystery.)  

There's gotta be an easier way; but so long as the set-up finishes correctly, I'll be a happy camper for the time being.

Thanks also to Rich -- now that the app has re-downloaded and finally let me sign in, I will know right away where to go to fix the birthdate, instead of having to tool around more to find that, as well (not that I mind tooling around exploring, just that I'm tuckered out about now and will wait on that for a bit).  
Best Answer