Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ionic won’t connect to Bluetooth or find Wi-Fi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my ionic as a Christmas gift.

From Dec 25th to Jan 17th I could not connect it with Bluetooth or locate my WiFi even when laying six inches from my router. It also added steps while it was charging (35,000 looks good on my stats).

I tried all the work around's posted on the community board and nothing worked. Very frustrating as we have the three TV’s two PC’s two iPad’s and an iPhone all connected with Bluetooth and WiFi.

As a last resort I sent it back to Amazon for exchange and three days later I had a new ionic. After installing it on my iPad it immediately connected to Bluetooth and located my WiFi another twenty minutes and it was up to date. So far no extra steps have been added to my stats.

I’m no expert when it comes to the technical aspects of electronics but from my own experience and all the posts of members with similar issues it would appear that a lot of ionic’s need to be sent in for exchange.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Ed_S Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure other Ionic users experiencing similar situations will find this helpful.

I'm also glad that you are finally back on track enjoying a Fitbit Ionic, which is a great fitness watch. If you happen to experience anything odd with it, let me know and I'll see what to do to help you out.

Additionally, have you checked the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit device this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

Thanks again for sharing your experience on the forums, see you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes