Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ionic won't sync to phone anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

as of probably a week ago, my fitbit ionic stopped syncing to my phone and thus stopped receiving notifications (yes both had notification settings on)  before then I was getting notifications and syncing with no problem and in seconds. I tried to update the tracker and it crashes when it is attempting to install the downloaded update. I've tried forgetting the tracker and re-setting it up to my fitbit account, deleting and re-downloading the app, turning both my phone and tracker on and off again several times, and factory reset (and since it won't connect to my phone, it's stuck here). I have be using fitbit for 3 years now and this has been my only problem. I love this watch and I wish to continue to use it uninterrupted as I had before. What can I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome on board @sneakyghosty, it's nice to see you around the forums! Thanks for the steps you've taken in order to sort this out, nice way to go! Smiley Very Happy

Well, this usually happens when you performed a factory reset without before unpairing the device. Usually you should unpair your Ionic, forget Bluetooth (both Ionic and Ionic (Classic)) and perform the factory reset. To solve this issue follow these steps (some of them you already tried, but let's cover everything):

1. Unpair your Ionic.
  2. Unpair from Bluetooth both Ionic and Ionic (classic).
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Turn off the Bluetooth.
  5. Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  6. Turn on the Bluetooth.
  7. Setup your device again.
  8. If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit Ionic.

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below:

• Note that you can't set up your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The Fitbit app needs to be updated
  • The software on your phone is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To find it:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > Bluetooth.

After making sure about that, try setting up your Ionic again. If then you're still having difficulties with the firmware update, please see: Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further help! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit, it does not work at all. It does not sync unless I restart Ionic, which is not what I paid for. 

When will Fitbit fix that bug? Thank you.

Best Answer