Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reply to txt msgs?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

1) does the ionic have the ability, out of the box, to reply to a txt message by selecting from a list of preconfigured quick-replies?

there are 12 pages of people asking for this feature on the Blaze in your feature-request area! not to mention my OLD Pebble Steel has this capability and you guys BOUGHT PEBBLE'S ASSETS!

2) will the ionic show pictures from MMS messages, or only text?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@OneLostFyrEMT wrote:

Your response says that there are no quick replies via text.  Are you able to answer texts at all with the ionic?  Maybe this has been addressed and I misunderstood.

No, it isn't possible to reply to texts on the Ionic.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
49 REPLIES 49

@theksmith Ionic offers extended smart notifications to help you stay connected to what matters most to you. Notifications from your smartphone can be delivered to your device with an on-screen message and vibrating alert, including call, text and calendar notifications, as well as notifications from apps like Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, Skype, Slack, Snapchat, WeChat, WhatsApp and more. You can customize which notifications you receive in the Fitbit app, allowing you to keep your phone tucked away while notifying you of information you might miss.

At this time, you can't reply to a text message with pre-configured quick replies from Ionic or view MMS messages on the Ionic display. I recommend creating a Feature Suggestion with these features, specifically for Ionic, and making sure to vote for them.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

You can at least dismiss notifications from your watch? I'm on Blaze now and it's really silly I can not dismiss notifications. I always have tones of notifications on my watch, scroll allot to clear all etc etc. Really a shame vs Garmin or all other smartwatches.

So, you can dismiss notifications at least?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by dismiss? You can dismiss any notification by swiping right on Blaze.  I do agree it's annoying to have to scroll all the way to the bottom to clear all.

Best Answer

Is there any hardware missing from the iconic that would make it impossible for there ever to be a quick respond to text message option ? 

Like how the flex could never count floors cause there is no altimeter.  

Best Answer

For me, means to make the notification dissappear from the phone. U know, on the Android is up in bar and on iPhone on that notification list. 

Many notifications are not necessarily e-mails or text messages so I don't need to reply but just to see the notification and then to make it dissappear from the watch AND the phone. 

On Garmin you can do that, on Apple Watch, Gear S3 etc. 

Best Answer
Oh, got it! Sorry I misunderstood
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bunnybear_05 it is more of the way Fitbit receives notifacations to send to the tracket. To be able to respond or dismiss, Fitbit would have to add an email reader. Currently fitbit sees the notification when it gets displayed on the phone, then passes it onto the tracker. The app does not interface with any other app.

Best Answer

Still Garmin works with both iOS and Android... Even with Gear S3 you can dismiss notifications on... iPhone!!! I have the sensation there are 2 folks that working for Fitbit software 😞 And so, they have no time for all our requests. Too bad, I really like Fitbit but this is way too much for 2019. (very soon)

Best Answer

the ability to dismiss notifications is part of the iPhone SDK, which is open and available to developers. Fitbit uses that same SDK to receive notifications and display the name of the app, a preview, etc.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Hi. Is it possible through future updates and or future apps being developed for the Ionic that could enable the ability to respond to text messages? Also is it possible in the future for someone to develope software which enables you to answer a phone call using Bluetooth headphones via an option on the watch to answer a call?

Best Answer

Is it possible to add an email reader via a software update or 3rd party app? I know nothing about these things.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rach77, the Flyer headphones are able to connect to both the Ionic and the phone at the same time.

With an iOS phone the user will be able to accept or reject from the wrist.

When accepting i dont see why the audio would not go through the connected Flyer.

Best Answer
Im android not IOS. Would it not work? Thanks for replying 😁

Rachel
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rach77 if your refferring to the Flyer and answering calls, on Android this would require you to use the phone or maybe voice command, which i use now. I even sometimes use voice to text to send messages.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. Thats answered my question.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your response says that there are no quick replies via text.  Are you able to answer texts at all with the ionic?  Maybe this has been addressed and I misunderstood.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@OneLostFyrEMT wrote:

No, it isn't possible to reply to texts on the Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know how Fitbit thinks they can call it a "smart watch" and it can't even reply to notifications/messages. That seems like a pretty basic requirement for a "smart watch". I guess still no Fitbit for me.

Best Answer

@climbbike wrote:

I don't know how Fitbit thinks they can call it a "smart watch" and it can't even reply to notifications/messages. That seems like a pretty basic requirement for a "smart watch". I guess still no Fitbit for me.

Add me to the long list of people who don't want the ability to respond to texts.  It would be a bigger pain than just opening your phone and doing it.  And I hate seeing and using canned replies.

A smartwatch is not definitely not defined  by the ability to do this singular function.... by any means. 

Best Answer