Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

watch has died

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My watch battery ran out at work so I plugged it in when i got home to charge it and theres nothing

Ive cleaned the contacts still nothing

Its just not charging

I've tried different USB ports to charge 

As well

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I'm having the same problem. The Ionic says 0% with the charger connected. It has said that for about an hour now.

Update: after over an hour the Ionc restarted, is displaying the clock face, synced and is showing 6% charge.

But I got an email notification of the low battery AFTER it died and started recharging, not before. I received no notification of low battery before it died.

After another 1/2 hour of charging it isn't showing more that 6% and the Fitbit app says the battery is empty. And the light on the back of the device is flickering.

So now I tried shutting it down and it won't restart. Shows 0% charge even though it showed 5% a few minutes ago. Now it's totally dead. Over 20 hours of charging now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too! Died yesterday. Charged before bed & stays at 0%... cleaned contacts & charged overnight, still saying same thing. Tried doing factory reset like has been recommended on previous posts by holding down buttons, but nothings happening. It’s less than 12 months old... help!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues. Mine is failing to charge/hold charge. Contacted fitbit who have sent me a new charger but still the same 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did this a few months ago and FitBit said nothing they could do I should buy a new one.  This is the third one to do this so if I am going to buy ANYTHING new it is going to be an Apple Watch or Garmin.  

First off, as an update, it started sporadically working again, then went nuts and gave me over a quarter million steps one day.  Won those day and week challenges hands down!!!  Then it stopped working again then and now it sort of works but is stuck in a reboot loop.  The other two never came back to life.  I honestly believe they now make them built to die - three is a bit much!!!

Which brings me to my question - Apple or Garmin?  Anyone got experience with either?  Or anyone got a solid argument to stay with FitBit?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your message 

Doesn't look good does it

I think im going to buy a cheap one from China see how that fairs till I decide on my next serious purchase

I've seen a few on ebay for £20-30 

With Bluetooth links to android phones like apple watches

Don't think I'll buy another fit it after your message 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too!   I was able to finally get it to recharge only for it to die again several hours later from a full charge.  Now it won’t charge at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like this is a common problem 

Think im going to look for another brand

Thanks for your message

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have looked at Apple and Garmin.  Apple seems an easier interface and more casual.  Let me know what you decide - would be good to share tips since FitBit seems to have left us high and dry.  I even asked them directly and they said go ahead and switch...  Not the same FitBit that stood by customers in the old days...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive got a samsung phone so ape is not an option for me 

There is a huge range on ebay 

Gonna try my luck with one 

Good luck with your choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

You see my post above. After a chat with Fitbit support they said "Upon checking, I see that your Ionic (battery) really isn't lasting as expected". Then I get an email offering me a 35% discount on another Fitbit device. They don't make the Ionic anymore and don't have a device with a GPS.

This is the third Fitbit device that has failed in less than two years. I bought the Ionic to replace a Charge 3 that failed and bought the Charge 3 to replace a Charge 2 that failed. Not anymore. I'm done with Fitbit and told them so.

I bought a Garmin Venu Sq for $200 on Garmin's web site, which appeared to have the best price. It is a new line of trackers. I have a Garmin GPS that has lasted 16 years and was only replaced once. I'm hoping the Garmin will be more reliable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this info.  Very similar to our experience and having had it happen to mine and the kids' trackers, we are also switching the whole family.  FitBit is definitely falling behind in the Customer Service and quality areas.  I am looking at the Forerunner 245 or some of the others in the line up.  Kids want the new Apple Watch SE.  Any feedback on either of those??  I also have a Garmin bike computer which is excellent so bye-bye FitBit...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my Garmin Vivoactive 4 and the rest of the family have Apple watches for Christmas.  The Garmin is really cool and way more powerful than the Fitbit.  And got it on Amazon day knocked down from $349 to $199.  A steal.  If they have them for Black Friday at the same price I am going to buy another.  Fitbit exists on hype and when it worked, it was great.  But when it didn't and they decided to cut back the quality of their customer service, it was bound to be a problem.  I was loyal for years but admit I was caught up in the hype and as they raised prices, I went along with it - but you can get a lot more for what they charge now and the service is exponentially better elsewhere.  Good luck!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes