Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wristband size comment & question

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have recently started taking care of my health, and I have lost a good amount of weight (about 40lbs). I am a 360lb pound 6'2 guy trying to wear a "Fitbit Ionic" watch (gift from the wife) and according to your directions here:  https://www.fitbit.com/product-care

• Make sure your band isn’t too tight. Wear the band loosely enough that it can move back and forth on your wrist.

The large band is not loose on my wrist and I had two occasions where my chubby wrist has somehow press the lock on the band and the watch has fallen twice. I have engaged the support team from Fitbit, they told me they had done some research and concluded that XL bands were not needed and were discontinued.

- As a chubby guy who just received a gift for motivation from the wife, does anyone know where I can buy a good XL band for the "Fitbit Ionic watch”( I have looked in Amazon and other sites, can't find anything bigger than 8.1)?

This is a little ironic to me as the product was partially design for people like me trying to be healthy and stay healthy (if I am wrong apologies on the assumption), if there is no such thing as a XL band I guess I can return the product, at the end of the day is a $300 dollar product and I don’t want it sitting on a box in a cabinet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Good job on losing the weight and wanting to stay motivated, @Regularfatjoe!! I found something that might resolve your issue.

Silicon ionic band for up to 9.4” wrist

It’s not the ideal fastener but as you move closer to your goal, this may only have to be a temporary solution. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Good job on losing the weight and wanting to stay motivated, @Regularfatjoe!! I found something that might resolve your issue.

Silicon ionic band for up to 9.4” wrist

It’s not the ideal fastener but as you move closer to your goal, this may only have to be a temporary solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thank you !!! I will buy it and see how it goes.

Best Answer