Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties to return my Luxe.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Long time Fitbit owner here who has owned the original Charge HR, Alta HR, Charge 2, Versa 1/2, Sense, and now Luxe. I guess I liked the product. I was so excited to get a Luxe that I preordered and waited patiently through the 5 week shipping timeframe (complete with 2 week delay). Once I received the item, I noticed the Luxe has some design flaws with the band/bracelet connection. 

Customer service originally was going to swap out a warranty replacement but it seems like these issues will persist with any replacement, so instead I decided to return. Wow was this a process. 

Fitbit’s policy is that you can return within 45 days of purchase - a reasonable timeframe if your device isn’t on preorder and then back order. I had only had the device for a little over a week but I had to escalate my

request to a supervisor after a customer service rep told me I “had to accept it and respect Fitbit’s policy.” - a response I could see coming from an exasperated employee had I been rude to them … but I hadn’t. Once I escalated the issue to a supervisor, they were able to authorize the return. 

Upon receiving the emailed return instructions, I noticed that I must pay my return shipping costs, which is something other authorized retailers do not require. To me, this would deter me

from ever purchasing directly from Fitbit again. I once again asked about this with customer service and this time the rep told me this is company policy and that a supervisor will just tell me the same thing. Instead of putting more time and effort into an already exasperating system, I left the conversation. 

I am incredibly disappointed in this entire process and will never preorder an item, never order an item directly from Fitbit, and will strongly consider other products like Apple Watch in the future. What a massive disappointment. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunriseRun479.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced. Thanks for the information provided.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Trying to Live Chat to request refund but chat not being responded to.  No response to email either.  How do I return? Connectivity issues utterly ridiculous and rendering Luxe useless to me.  Want refund, had enough.

Best Answer

Apart from Fitbit's policy (which indeed is strange as usually most retailers of any good provide return label which is already paid, at least in the UK, I didn't have a problem returning Sense via Amazon) but I can't stop wondering why people pre-order at all. It's like paying for promises, for goods that don't even exist at the time of purchase.

Best Answer

I feel your pain!

I am at my wit's end trying to organise a return! 

I have a faulty product that I have been trying to arrange to return all week. Day 4 and still no joy. Madness!

I asked on here and was given links by a moderator- I tried live chat and emailing. I was emailed saying a form was being sent to me to use for the return. It has not arrived.

I tried again. No success.

I have made contact via Twitter. I directly asked for what I need to return my item; what the returns policy is; how I go about getting my product sent back...

Response was: 'While our Support Team may require more time than usual to work on the case, someone from the team will reach out shall updates become available. Please keep an eye on your inbox folder.'

Argh!

I don't want to keep an eye on my inbox folder- I just want to send something back!

What on earth does one have to do in order to send something back to this company?!

I know I am not helping solve your problem or frustration but wanted to let you know that you are not alone. Absolutely shocking process.

Best Answer

I had a similar issue and have shocked by the poor after service of Fitbit.  My Luxe was a birthday present from my husband and he was going to buy it from Amazon and I suggested Fitbit direct would be better for any issues.  How wrong was I!

The fact that the Luxe doesn't correctly connect with the £85 mesh band that is made for it (and that it is the Luxe issue not the band) is bizarre.

When I raised the issue, they sent me a form to complete about the return but it didn't have the right options for my Luxe (it didn't allow for Stainless Steel as an option) so I then waited over a week for them to get back to me about next steps.

Fortunately it seems they are paying for my shipping (to the US from UK... I think it came from Ireland to me orginally), but I have to find a DGL return centre as there isn't one in my town.  I'm a little surprised they don't have DHL collect faulty items.

I have had an assurance just now that the new Fitbit Luxe I receive will definitely connect correctly to the mesh band. In the box, I have included a note asking them to ensure it.  So I will see how things go.  I really like the size of the Luxe and how it looks.  If it weren't for that, I would be returning for a refund and getting an Apple Watch. 

Good luck with your return!

Best Answer

I have to say, I’m both a little relieved that it wasn’t just a me problem, but also disheartened because their customer service used to be amazing! It has definitely changed over the years. 

Also, FYI: Moderators on this forum can and will edit your username, post title, and content without prior permission. I’m sure this is in their fine print but yikes for transparency. 

Best Answer

Hi

I am now a week into waiting to return my strap. Nothing.

£80 of my money down the drain.

Wanted to respond to your comment about your post title and content being changed without permission. I too have found that and find it hugely concerning. 'Yikes for transparency' indeed. 

Sweep. Carpet. Under.

Have no idea how this company is allowed to trade in this fashion.

Best Answer

I’ve yet to get any reasonable response for my non working luxe…. Guess I’ll just have to eat the money I put  out(on limited income)!!!!

I’ll  put on my dying versa and eventually get another versa….

Best Answer

I agree very disappointed

Best Answer

hi maddy. 

please let me know how you get on with the replacement? im waiting to see if its worth sending mine off as i have demanded a guarantee they can fix the connector clips and yet to receive a reply. so frustrating. 

Best Answer

They’ve had my Fitbit for 10 days. I know that from tracking on DHL, not from FitBit, they didn’t even bother to confirm they’ve received it back. I queried on their chat today and was told ‘a higher department’ was dealing with it.

I wish I didn’t like the Luxe so much or the Apple Watch was smaller as I would tell them to forget it and just refund me!

Best Answer

i demanded answers about how they will fix the issue and this was the reply via email:

As mentioned on our previous emails, the requested item must be returned for us for further investigation. One thing the we do for returned item is to check how we can further improve our products and seek countermeasures. It would be helpful for us to have a closer look of the item so we can better understand the condition and find ways to prevent this issue from happening again.

In order for us to proceed with the replacement, we would need the item to be returned. At this point, we are only requesting for the band to be returned back to us.

Your kind understanding and cooperation with this matter will be appreciated.

they clearly do not know how to fix it and are basically saying they want my device to they can prevent making this mistake in the future. anyone debating weather to send their luxe for repair? DONT BOTHER 

Best Answer

also, in the 2 emails before this one, they demanded the device as well as the band. i asked why and they said they need it. even though it was bought from a third party authorised reseller. they have no idea what to do

Best Answer

I’m concerned you were told the opposite of me. I was told I didn’t need to return the band because the issue is definitely with the Luxe itself (both were bought from FitBit but under separate orders).  They’ve had my FitBit since 21st July, no contact from them whatsoever. When I query with support I’m told a higher department is handling it and they will contact me. It’s been 72 hours since I was told that last, now I’ve been told it will be a further 24-48 hours and they don’t even acknowledge they’ve had it back yet.  As much as I like the size/look of it, I’ve decided to try to cancel now and get an Apple Watch.  Such a shame as I would have preferred (a not faulty) Luxe. I just hope I don’t have any issues getting a refund, and for the band too!

Best Answer

hi maddy,

yes i was told twice that i must return the device and the band. i queried this twice saying i did not buy the device from fitbit.com. they told me it doesn’t matter and sometimes even when the device is purchased from an authorised reseller, i still have to return it to fitbit. 

however, in the third response from them, they suddenly said they dont want the device and only the band 🙄 very confusing. 

i agree, i am returning the luxe. not worth it and there is no customer support. i love the size and look of it too but i only wanted it for the gorjana band aspect 😞 

i hope you get some assistance with yours. they basically told me they cant fix the fault and they only want it returned to them so they can see where they went wrong. 

Best Answer