Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Luxe battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I charged my Fitbit luxe 2 days ago and it’s dead. How do I extend the luxe battery life? Can I turn off all day syncing. If yes how do I do this. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Luxe is experiencing battery issues, let’s try some of the following steps: 

1. Confirm your Luxe has the latest firmware version. For more information please visit How do I update my Fitbit device? and What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?
  2. Check to see if you’re using high battery use features. For more information please visit Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?
  3. Let’s try a 3 press restart with your charging cable. For more information please see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124

There may be a way to do that in the Fitbit app, I’m not sure, but an easy way to stop automatic syncing is to turn off your phone’s  Bluetooth until you need it.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Jay911111. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Fitbit Luxe. @karajoy Thanks for trying to help! 🙂

Please try updating your Fitbit app to version 3.43 or later. Updating your Fitbit app should fixe the issue with your Fitbit Luxe's battery life. To do so, see How do I update the Fitbit app?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I charged my luxe to 100% yesterday and this morning it was at was at 20%. So not impressed less then 24 hour it's meant to have a 5 day battery life. Also when will the Sp02 be available? As its listed as features on the luxe. I know it says coming soon but when is soon?

Best Answer

Hey! I had a similar issue. It was solved when I did a factory reset on the luxe and removed it from the Fitbit app. After the factor reset I started the pairing process again and then it was able to charge and had held  the charge for 4 days now

Best Answer

How do you do a factory reset on the luxe? I only got it yesterday.  I hope the sp02 update comes soon too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Angel83. Welcome on board. I understand how you must be feeling. @Jay911111 I'm glad to hear that you managed to solve the issue with your Fitbit Luxe, however, please note that we do not recommend performing a factory reset on your Fitbit device unless it's advised/suggested by our Support Team. Otherwise, your device may be permanently damaged.

If you're having battery issues and you sync with an iOS device, please try updating your Fitbit app to version 3.43 or later. Updating your Fitbit app should fixe the issue with your Fitbit Luxe's battery life. To do so, see How do I update the Fitbit app?

Regarding the SpO2 inquiry, please bear in mind this feature is coming later this year. For the time being, we don't have any details regarding date of the release. 

Hope this helps.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have the battery issue but I haven't preformed a reset yet. I hope the sp02 feature will be available for all users and not a paid feature as it never stated it on your feature page. I went for the luxe over the inspire because I'd the sp92 feature and was disappointed to find it actually isn't available yet

--------------------------------------

I have updated it already to 3.34.1

Best Answer

Hi, I think I lost my initial reply, but this may be a duplicate.  I purchased a Luxe several days ago.  It syncs with my iPhone 8 Plus.  I followed recommendations for lowering battery use, e.g., dimmed brightness.  I have version 3.43.1.  But my battery drains in about 15-20 hours repeatedly. 

cajuncalvin.  6/28/2021.  10:11 am PT.

-----------------------------------------

Online I get a message "to replace a battery, schedule...an in-store service appointment...I bought my phone online.  How would I go to a store to replace?

Best Answer

Same! Purchased last Thursday, battery lasted 2 days, now down to less than 1 day. All notifications switched off and on latest version 3.43.1. Can’t track anything as it’s always on charge! Hugely disappointed.
Had x2 Charge 3’s, both lasted less than 2 years but at least battery life was accurate at 7 days until they died. last time I will but Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hi Marre, 

What is suggested next as I on latest version 3.43.1 and still getting less than 1 day battery charge? I have all notifications switched off (what’s the point of having those features if it drains the battery so significantly)? 
What are the return options please if nothing suggested is working as it’s therefore a faulty product. I am unable to track anything as it’s always charging!
This is my 3rd Fitbit - none of them have a long product lives (less than 2 years) but at least the Charge 3 battery life was accurate at 7 days. 

Thanks Claire

Best Answer

This is my exact issue too. I'm getting just over 10 hour battery. So I know how u feel 

Best Answer

I agree with you. One of the reasons I bought this Luxe was because of the sp02 and temperature checks. I didn't realise it wasn't already on it. Fitbit shouldn't advertise it if they can't produce the goods!!! Misrepresentation of the product. 

Best Answer

Hi thanks for letting me know. However the factory reset was all that worked. My watch is now working perfectly!

Best Answer

I am afraid to do the factory reset myself, I'm not very tech savvy, but I am only getting a few hours of life out of my new Fitbit. I have had 2 different Fitbits since they started making them and never had this kind of problem. Think I can do this?

Best Answer

How do you do a factory reset? Thank you! 

Best Answer

My brand new Luxe fully discharges in 17 hours. After 3 calls to technical support, on three consecutive days, they eventually admitted that this is a known problem and urgently being looked at by their engineers. 

Restarting Fitbit does not work. Deleting & reinstalling app does not work. It’s a software problem and in my opinion they should not be continuing to sell a product that does not perform as advertised.

I’ve been told to call help line in 1 week if problem continues. If it’s not fixed within the week I’ll be calling to enquire how I progress a return and refund.

Fitbit, problems happen with new products but giving people a three day runaround is not acceptable. Be honest up front.

Best Answer
Yours lasts for 17 hours? Mine barely lasts 10!
Best Answer

Mine is barley draining. It’s about 20 percent a day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and have the latest update. It still drains very quickly. 

Best Answer