Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Luxe screen and connectivity issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My luxe is having connectivity issues. When I go to my phone’s Bluetooth settings, I can watch it connect/disconnect every few seconds. Seriously, seconds. When I was picking a clock face, I continually got pop up notifications in the app that I was not connected, but I was eventually able to update the clock face. I’m mostly able to sync, but occasionally have syncs that take really long.

Also, have had minor stripes appearing through the screen since I first turned it on.

Anyone else having these issues? Hopefully something that will be fixed in a future update, or something that requires replacing the Fitbit?

Update: I should add that I’m not having any issues with screen responsiveness. Overall, really enjoying the luxe as a replacement for my Alta HR that died two weeks ago!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

So glad someone mentioned the Gorjana band issue. I get so frustrated every time I look down and you can see the band isn’t staying “clicked in” to the luxe on each side. It’s too expensive to not work! 

Best Answer

To get mine to sync to my iPhone, I have to restart the device under the Settings menu each morning. Nothing I do - deleting the app, repairing the device, etc. - has resolved this issue fully so it is clearly a software problem that needs Fitbit's attention. It isn't a huge deal to click on "Restart Device" each day, but it is very irritating. And it doesn't stay synced all day either, making the notifications virtually useless. For me, this isn't a problem since I don't love notifications all day anyway, but for those who rely on that feature, I could see how frustrating it would be.

Best Answer
I returned mine yesterday.  It was just too much....
Best Answer
0 Votes
When I went to reconnect my iPhone this weekend I got a message that I needed to update the app. Once I did the update both my iPad and iPhone have been working well. Hopefully this will continue. Try updating your app.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I have to click the restart every morning to sync the previous day's steps and my sleep. Once it restarts, I can get the app on my iPhone to sync. I've still never gotten my Luxe to connect on my Android phone at all.

Any updates from Fitbit on when firmware updates are coming to fix this? Should I return the device and hope the replacement works better?

Best Answer

No updates from Fitbit at all. I sent mine back yesterday 😢 I might just wait a bit before re-ordering, fortunately my Charge 2 HR still works so I’ve just gone back to that for the moment! 

Best Answer

I am holding onto my Charge 3 and have decided to wait for the Charge 5 to be released. It's not as pretty but it is reliable 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve returned mine and the new device working much better
Best Answer

Have exactly the same issue. Bought mine today brand new and already hardly working. Super glitchy screen and really difficult to get it to sync, have to go through all of the extremely long winded troubleshooting to get it to sync and even then it only does it once. Have to do it everytime I want it to sync with the app. Fitbit have been insistent that it's not a common issue and mine is a very rare case. Wow, super shocked aha. If you're thinking of buying the Fitbit Luxe, don't, it's faulty as f***

Best Answer

Hmmm I wonder how long to wait before reordering 

Best Answer

It’s SO annoying. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue today.  I was so excited to get home to my mailbox and sync my brand new Luxe (with iPhone 10).  It synced but keeps telling me update is available even though I’ve let it update twice now, and when I try to change the clock face or anything else it tells me it’s unable to connect.  I’m so disappointed.  

Best Answer

I have tried all these same things as well, and cannot get the issues to resolve for even two minutes.  So extremely disappointing!

Best Answer
Definitely return and order a new one, mine is fine now
Best Answer

I just purchased the Luxe today, and it’s been 4 hours of constant pop ups of “unable to connect to device”. 
I’ve had my HR for 2.5 years no issues. I’m seriously going crazy. Done all the troubleshooting, updates, everything. 
this is nuts! 

but yet it’s connected to my iPhone. This makes no sense. 
I think I’m just going to take it back tomorrow, way too much of a hassle. It’s cute but not that cute. I’ll stick to my Fitbit Alta HR. 

Best Answer

I am totally disappointed in this watch and the issues. My steps are not counting accurately.  I contacted customer service several times and they were no help.  I left Fitbit in the past for this.  I’m over it!

Best Answer

I’m having the same issues and I have only had mine for a week I’m very dissatisfied with it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

UPDATE: Please note the FW update is now available to everyone. 

Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issues with your Fibit Luxe. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services.

As you've might seen, we’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Luxe will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available. 

However, if you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. Please keep an eye on this update as it's expected to solve the connectivity issues you have been reporting. 

We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Hello unfortunately I don't think there is anyway to fix this problem so I returned mine and got a new one

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sigh, I was so excited about purchasing my Fitbit Luxe.  I also had the "minor stipes" across the screen, this soon progressed to the screen completely glitching and showing nothing but a couple horizontal stripes across the screen (does not fix with reset).

I submit a complaint and a couple photos to Fitbit more than 10 days ago, still haven't heard a response about a refund or exchange 😞 

Best Answer