Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe battery is draining quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  • I bought the luxe in June. I’ve had nothing but problems. The battery is constantly drained. I have to charge it daily. It won’t record my steps. Today it was at 99% at noon. I walked all day and sat down at 6:30 and noticed I had an email from fit bit that my battery was low. Sure enough. From noon onwards not one step recorded. I called and spoke with Cs. Glitch caused it. I’m a long time Fitbit user. This is the worst device I’ve ever had. Anyone else have a solution besides put it in charger and push button 3 times. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

I have the same problem with my Luxe. I had the Alta HR and loved that one. This one does not have battery life like it says it does. I  only had my since April and I hate it. My battery is dead right now and didn't record my steps.  It's crap.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Kstravelbug. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Please feel free to reach out to our Support Team once again if you have any further questions or concerns regarding the outcome of your case. Since you have reported this matter to our Support Team, please note there's nothing left we here in the community can suggest other than reaching out to our team again. Thanks for your understanding!

Hello, @Calisi. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Luxe. I understand where your concern is coming from and how you must be feeling. 

If you haven't done so yet, I'd recommend taking a look at the tips recommended in this help article Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm wondering if you have "Always on display" activated? For me, that particular setting caused a much quicker draining battery. When disabled I could go for 4/5 days again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine as well lately 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have everything turned off. Thank you for the suggestion tho!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m so sorry. I’m a long time Fitbit user and am so disappointed in this device. I’m also saddened the they have no solution. Reaching out to CS every few days is not a solution. I have my old Fitbit and am considering just going back to it!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sorry! It’s so frustrating. I have everything turned off. Why have it, if you can’t use it? If you don’t have everything turned off, try that. That was what Customer service suggested. Mine still Glitches, as they call it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the clock always on display but have removed all notifications and I still can only go a day before battery needs recharging. I had been looking forward to upgrading for so long and when I do I pick the worse one out there. The luxe seemed to be everything i wanted. Wish i hadn't given my Alta away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I could go back to my old one but unfortunately I gave it away. Wonder if I could trade it back and give this Luxe. I turned everything off which I should not have to and battery still doesn't last longer than a day.  In description its supposed to last at least 7 days. I think Fitbit should offer a different one to us because apparently there are many out there with same problem. Must be a defect in the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly why have it if you can't use the features? CS told me the same thing.  Told them I did that.  I want them to give me a new one same value to replace this crap one that got such high reviews. 

Best Answer

It’s crazy! It crashed again today. Just stopped tracking. This time the fix was to change the watch face!!! What?? Im so angry at Fitbit. Im wondering if because this device is actually old, even tho I’ve only had it two months, if they have just given up on it. Im really sorry you’re had all these issues too. Maybe try changing your clock face. Lol! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I asked for the same thing. Was told these are “simple” issues. And can be fixed. How do I get back all the time I’ve been on the phone with these issues!!?? They won’t send a replacement.

Best Answer

It is a totally defective device. And they have no solution to fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It stopped again today. Just stopped tracking my steps. I called CS and was told to change the watch face! What in the world! Restarted it. Checked ever thing was off, and now the battery has gone from 99% to 49% in 3 hours. How do I get a replacement???  None of the solutions are working. I should not have to call Fitbit every two days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last night my battery was 75% this morning its 25%. CS is useless. I spent good money on basically a watch that doesn't work. The screen goes black on me and doesn't record my daily activity. There is something wrong with the software and I think Fitbit should own up to it and give replacement ones. I hate this Luxe and what a waste of money. Loved my Alta but found it hard to get replacement bands since the discontinued the HR. I liked the Luxe features and went with this piece of crap and can't even use most bc of battery issues. CS doesn't have answers

and are useless. 

Best Answer

Same. I’m so sorry. It’s so frustrating!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spend more time talking with CS doing everything they tell me to do and the problem is still there. I've only had this Luxe for a very short time. If I had bought in store rather than straight from Luxe I would be able to return for my money and buy a different one. That is not the case now. I hope people read these problems and steer clear from buying the Luxe in the future.

Best Answer

Me too. They have a new device out. I’m sure this one will be phased out. And we’re stuck paying $100+ for a lemon. I’ve lived Fitbit but now I’m hesitant to consider them for my future device. Sad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so disappointed in this Luxe. When I upgraded I thought I was going to love this the way I did my Alta. What a big mistake. I hate it and CS is worthless. When I bought the Luxe It was supposed to be one of the best with more features than my Alta. Now I barely see it advertised anywhere and of course it's much cheaper. Seems they are outdated as soon as I purchased and they want me to buy another one. Versa I think. I don't think I'll stay with fitbit. My battery is at 50% and I've done nothing. It was a full charge when I went to bed. I don't get it and Fitbit doesn't back its buyers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes