Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Fitbit Luxe support apps or custom clock faces?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will Fitbit Luxe support apps or custom watch faces?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @mk-ngu. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

As @JohnnyRow has mentioned, the basic Gallery apps are available on Luxe: Notifications, Exercise, Alarms, Settings, Relax, and Timers. 

Note: The list of clock faces for Luxe change over time.

Hope this answers your inquiry, have a nice day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Can't say for sure until it actually comes out, but, since Fitbit classifies it as a "tracker" as opposed to a "smart watch", I expect it will be similar to other trackers; i.e. some Fitbit clock faces and apps, but no user-developed of either.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi there, @mk-ngu. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

As @JohnnyRow has mentioned, the basic Gallery apps are available on Luxe: Notifications, Exercise, Alarms, Settings, Relax, and Timers. 

Note: The list of clock faces for Luxe change over time.

Hope this answers your inquiry, have a nice day! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Does the Luxe include a weather app? If it doesn’t, that would be a huge miss on what could be a fantastic tracker. Weather is not mentioned in the list above, which is why my question is relevant to this topic. I certainly understand the moderator didn’t like me mentioning the competition in my previous posting. So does the Luxe have a way to check weather? Thanks.

Best Answer

@JonDavidL Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums.  We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers.

Regarding your inquiry, please note Fitbit Luxe doesn't have a Weather app. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer

Hi MarreFitbit, I hope you can answer a question for me. 

Since I currently have a Versa 2, I don't know what the "tracker only" UI looks like. 

When I choose Exercise, Run, I can cycle through the views so that heart rate is the visible choice and presented in large font.  This is my most important stat when running so it's important that I can see it without reading glasses, which I don't BRING on a run.

Are there early release screen shots of each screen in each phase?   Can you answer my question or do I have to wait till it's officially out? 

thanks! 

Best Answer

Hi MarreFitbit, 

Thanks for your answer! Could you elaborate on what “the list of clock faces for Luxe change over time” means? Does that mean there will be more clock faces? Do you know when the change will happen? Thank you!

best, Lydia 

Best Answer

My last tracker was Fitbit Charge 3. It had basic weather info for the current and following days. I really miss it. It is not on my new Luxe. I hope it will be added soon!

Thank you, 

Marleen

Best Answer

Please ask that weather be added to Luxe. I used it all the time on my Charge 3 and miss it.

Thank you,

Marleen 

Best Answer

Will the clock face allow for time, steps and heart rate to show at the same time on the Luxe? My wife is interesting in changing from Charge 3 to the Luxe, but she would like to be able to see all three of those items without having to tap to change the screen. Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

Then the app Page that says weather is available for the Luxe is completely lying.

Best Answer

Agreed! Give me a face that shows the time on one line, then the date, steps and heart rate…all on one screen. The over/under times are hard to read…I don’t know why FitBit thinks the “cutesy” faces should be the standard, and only, options.

Best Answer

Fitbit, please listen to comments like this from quintank. The luxe has a tiny screen, and what we need on it is information, not decoration. Time, date, steps. That’s it.

Two point type is not useful on the underwater screens.

Anything else is gravy, but if you have imperfect vision, the designer faces are UNREADABLE.

Best Answer

I wish I could vote for this one MILLION times. In a very large font

Best Answer

Hi,

How bright are the clock faces? Can you see them outside? The Charges have gotten where you can not see them outside at all. I don't want to change to Luxe if I can not see the clock face outside

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its a colour screen now now so yeah its super plenty bright.

Best Answer

I just upgraded from Alta and am very disappointed in the cloak display options.   The different values for steps, heart rate, etc should be able to be larger, selectable and tap through instead of having time take up all the space.   If we could have the Alta face options, would be very helpful.   

I think the Luxe is bigger than the Alta but the clock face options are too limited.   

Looks like a lot of users agree, when can this be changed?

Best Answer

I use the run tracking app on the Luxe and tap through the displays 3 times till heart rate is displayed.  I can see that number - meaning the heart rate - fine unless it's a really bright sunny day and I'm wearing sunglasses (which I am, on a bright sunny day, on my eye doc's advice).  

So I have to slip the sunglasses down to see the  number.  

Not as bright as the full-on watches, but better than the Charge.  It's the reason I went with Luxe  instead of the Charges in the first place.   (Also the fact that I can read it without reading glasses, which is a big one for this old runner.)  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what I logged on to write. I want a simple, elegant, readout, that includes a colon between hour and minute, gives the date, and gives the scrolling data. Not color, not big and moving. Just simple, elegant font, that functions a part of a professional woman's wardrobe.

Best Answer

Just wanted to upvote this request and kindly ask that Fitbit Luxe have additional clock face support. The available options are less than desirable and none of them contain all of the info you need in one spot without having to tap the device several times or scroll through it. 

Just looking for a Stats Heavy clock face that shows the basics: Date, Time, Steps, Distance, and Calories in one screen -- without having to tap through the device to see all this information. What I don't understand is previous versions of Fitbit, such as the Inspire, had this built in. Why haven't the dev teams implemented this yet in the newer model Luxe? Is there a technical limitation of the device? Likely will return this more expensive model and buy another Inspire due to this. Thanks. 

Best Answer