Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe with magnetic strap gets undone when facing other metal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I LOVE my new Luxe Fitbit! I also purchased the stainless steel mesh band that has a magnet closure HOWEVER the magnet is attracted to every metal it gets close to and it unsnaps and comes off my wrist! I’ve already had it hanging on a chair, railing and my vehicle and it’s not even 24 hours old! It needs a safety catch! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

It’s so annoying! Mine attaches itself to shopping trollies , the fridge, my bike, gate, since I move my arm away it drops off and onto the ground, it’s only a matter of time before it cracks the screen. They sent me another one and I’m like it’s a design fault not just my strap, and yep the new one did exactly the same thing. 

Best Answer

Mine does it , the magnet catches the catch, you move your arm away not knowing it’s happening then it drops to the ground! Attaches to everything! Very annoying! Fit bit sent me a replacement but it stilll did the same thing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They sent me a replacement one but it does the same thing. I so love the look of the strap but I’m going to break my fit bit soon!

Best Answer

Be very careful with this band, because it is magnetic it will come off very easily when it comes in contact with any metal surface. There needs to be a safety on it. I made one out of a small clear hair band but it is difficult to put on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m extremely upset about this strap especially when it cost so much money. I work in a supermarket so you can imagine the amount of mental I am in contact with daily. I have found the watch hanging from baskets, attached to shelf’s, the list goes on. Then today I spent half an hour (while at work) looking for the watch as it had got caught on some mental. You can imagine the upset of losing the watch and strap that cost nearly £200. Fitbit needs to really reconsider this design and maybe do a call back on this design as I feel let down not been able to wear the strap again. I don’t want to be in the position where I have to buy a brand new Fitbit like I did when my Fitbit One feel out of it case. 

Best Answer

FCE920E8-35EF-42A7-9F0D-8DA2F7104BCE.jpeg

 attached to the radiator 🤦🏽‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

No

its happening to me too

I'm really disappointed in Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wearing mine out to dinner one evening, and it flew off my arm onto the floor while sitting at a table eating dinner.  I have been afraid to wear it since.

Best Answer
Scary! I’ve been wearing mine a year and havnt lost it but it’s constantly attaching itself to things . It stuck to the rubbish compacter at work even and I walked off lol found it hanging there lol
Looks great but silly design with the magnet !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I work in a supermarket too, last week I left it hanging on a cardboard compacter lol, the gate at home , shopping trolley!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The magnet bit that closes the strap attaches to something stronger than the clasp so as you move your wrist away it stays with the object instead lol mine has attached itself to alsorts of things, if it’s not strong enough it’s usually strong enough to pull the clasp away from the attaching but then falls to the ground 

Best Answer

That is good idea

Best Answer

OhI love mine however like you I bought specifically for the dressier  band when planning to go out. I've had the same issue almost lost it at the bank when it attached to car,  our metal backdoor almost always catching it. My intentions were to swap back to the other band after a recent trip to a concert. However I love the way the metal band looks even for everyday.  I hope a solution is released soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Safety-catch-on-LUXE-Stainless-steel-mesh-strap/...               Please all use the above link to upvote the suggestion for a safety chain or some other solution  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your input. Guess I
should try wearing it again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I got sent a replacement one but does the same thing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does the same thing.  Looks great, love it, but it needs a fix.  I had it come off twice in 3 minutes in the kitchen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no response from Fitbit either. I paid £70 for this strap and it is now just sat in my top draw as I can't wear it!! Any response FITBIT?

Fitbit has this matter been resolved yet? I have a £70 strap sitting in a draw that I am unable to wear as i know it will fall off as it has previously done!

Moderator Edit: Merge replies 

Best Answer