Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit device is counting too many steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

automatic caluctate steps when hand moving.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @antaniutsav55. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

To better assist you, please provide us with the information requested by @MarciM. This is the Fitbit Luxe board, but you mentioned to own a Fitbit Inspire HR. Also, I'd to confirm if you have any other app linked to your Fitbit account? Like MobileTrack for example? 

Meanwhile, please note that Fitbit devices have a finely-tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running. When working at a desk, cooking, or performing other activities with arm movements, a device on your wrist may add some steps. When you’re doing activities that involve arm movement—such as working or cooking—you often walk a few steps in-between stationary periods as well, so the device tries to give you credit for those steps. For most customers, the number of extra steps added by arm-based movement isn’t significant when compared to your overall stats. For more information, see How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @antaniutsav55 

Your post is titled Inspire HR, but you posted in the Luxe forum. Please be more clear with your questions and what device it pertains to. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @antaniutsav55. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

To better assist you, please provide us with the information requested by @MarciM. This is the Fitbit Luxe board, but you mentioned to own a Fitbit Inspire HR. Also, I'd to confirm if you have any other app linked to your Fitbit account? Like MobileTrack for example? 

Meanwhile, please note that Fitbit devices have a finely-tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running. When working at a desk, cooking, or performing other activities with arm movements, a device on your wrist may add some steps. When you’re doing activities that involve arm movement—such as working or cooking—you often walk a few steps in-between stationary periods as well, so the device tries to give you credit for those steps. For most customers, the number of extra steps added by arm-based movement isn’t significant when compared to your overall stats. For more information, see How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes