Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 Pound Journey Needing Motivation

Hey everyone, I know there are other threads about losing 100+ pounds, but they are old. So I'm making a new one.

I am 37 years old, and a mom to an awesome teenaged guy, as well as a dedicated wife to my fabulous husband. I currently work from home in the evenings and have all day to go out and exercise or just get up an moving. However, lacking the support from my husband makes self motivation hard. I ballooned up from 190 pounds to 334 in 9 years. I blame most of it on me and stress. I have worked hard in the past 3 years to get down to 310/315, but I need to do more and get back down to the 190 range.

I got my fitbit with points that I earned from work as a start to my motivation. I'm swapping out my office chair for a yoga ball to sit on to help strengthen my core muscles again.

If anyone is on the same journey that I am, please add me, and lets do this together!!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Hey melis crzygrl - I can totally relate.  I've lost 75 pounds and still have about 40 to go.  I started back in Sept/Oct 2014 and have slowly been making changes and eating better -- and walking at least 2-3 miles every morning.

I'm an author -- and a single mom to a 19 yr old -- so I sit all day long to work, which helped me pack on the pounds.  It's been a fight to get them off -- and will continue to be a battle to keep it off once we make our goal 🙂  And we can all use help to keep winning the fight.

You've made the important first steps -- you've done something to get started.  Bravo!  Keep up the good work.

Friend up if you'd like -- although my fitbit is being replaced thanks to it vastly underreporting steps.  I've stopped wearing this crappy one while I wait.  I'll be back to it soon (and won't stop walking --I'll just manually log my miles!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

SO TRUE!! Congratulations on your weight loss so far! I love your saying about the fork! I love that our fitbit trackers help us be more active. Our bodies were meant to move and exercise should feel great!

@LocoMutant wrote:

remember weight loss starts with eating and exercise is for fitness.  So if you want to lose weight regulate what you eat.  I've lost 65lbs tracking what I eat with Myfitnesspal, and track my activity and exercises with the fitbit.  It's a complete life change and not just something that's temporary, and remember you can't outrun your fork.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi melis_crzygrl 

I too have to lose about 50kg iam not new to fitbit but its been awhile since using it lost my sync dongle i have just recived a new one and i am working on getting back on track have put a bit of weight back on while not using my fitbit so its time to get back on track and start losing those kgs again this time for good. Would love to have you as a friend as i also need motivation.

Chers TracyP

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I've been in your shoes.  I wanted to come on here to give my support to those with 100+ pounds to lose.  I lost 100 pounds in exactly one year with diet, exericse and using mfp.  I've maintained that loss, but stuck for the past 3 years at the same weight and wanting to lose my last 20.  I got the fitbit, starting eating more calories but kept a deficit and hopefully the scale will shift down once agian.  I KNOW your struggles and I KNOW this journey.  I'd love to friend you or anyone else that would like my support.

Best Answer

I am surprised at the number of people who are my age at 37 with over 100 pounds to lose.  I do not have any kids except a furry four legged one, but I do travel a lot for work. Being in a hotel a lot I eat out a lot more than I should. Can you say chinese resturaunt next door, cheap, good food.   I ordered a microwave grill online in hopes that it will work well enough that I can go to the grocery and get some chicken breasts to cook in my hotel room.  I have no motivation. My boyfriend, while supportive, is a very picky eater and when I am at home will not normally eat the food that I cook that is on the healthy side.  I just need to find my mojo. I just can't seem to locate it.  I know other people struggle but one can just feel so alone sometimes. I am sure some of you feel that way too.  Good luck everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am down 35 lbs I suggest the fast metabolism diet by haylie pomroy it's
simple I cook once every 3 weeks and follow her diet exactly and without
any workout have lost 20 lbs it's well worth the money and when you add
excersize it shreds off the weight and you feel amazing my wife is picky as
well but it's about you and your lifestyle change the only thing holding
you back is about 50 dollars for her 3 books and the will to stop making
excuses of why you can't do something and just do it food is not a comfort
food is fuel and your taste buds change I slipped up on my diet and ate
like 5 donuts and the next day I actually felt poisoned all I can say is
just give it a try it's 28 days really what can you lose besides a little
weight!
Best Answer
0 Votes

In December of 2014 I was tipping the scales at 300lbs. I am 6' tall and 53 years of age. I decided that enough was enough and that I needed a total and complete life style change. I started changing my eating habits immediately (hard to do over the holidays) and started to exercise again. I purchased a fitbit charge in late December from Wal-Mart and started using it on the 2nd of January 2015. By that time, through a change in eating habits and regular exercise I had already dropped 20lbs. I found the FitBit to be an amazing tool, along with the website, and the ability to track my goes inaz versus my goes outaz, and by end of May I had dropped and additional 45lbs. I am now stuck at 235 for nearly a month. Though I have not gone down in weight, neither have I gone up, and I continue to eat properly and exercise. I believe I have recently broken through my plateau and will once again start to realize weight loss.

I have already been receiving many compliments about how good I look already. I still have 55lbs to lose, but have stayed, and continue to stay, very motivated. I have had great support from friends, co-workers, and most importantly my family all of which has helped me stay the course. I have always known that somewhere inside was that young Marine struggling to get back out. I can start to see glimpses of him and cannot wait for his arrival, arriving albeit with slightly graying hair and a few extra wrinkles.

I would suggest to all to not be discouraged. Don't make this a diet but a complete lifestyle change. Gather those around you who will help support your successes and get you back on track when you fail. Though the fitbit is an amazing tool, it is just one arrow in your transformation quiver, and seek assistance, education and guidance from many people and places. I am determined on the behalf of my lovely wife and my amazing children to get healthy enough to drive them crazy for many, many years into the future.

Remember, the bad thing about losing weight is that your clothes no longer fit.  The good thing about losing weight? Your clothes no longer fit. Keep the faith, keep strong, keep on trucking and may the wind always be at your back...

Best Answer
0 Votes

hope your weight loss journey is going well, I have been seeing old threads as well and if you need help with motivation (as do I) you can add me on Fitbit. Don't give up!!!! 

Best Answer

It seems we are all struggling with motivation. Don't give up as we are all in this journey together.  

Best Answer

Great post. I've had my Fitbit one since 2013. I lost eighty pounds and then I had some health issues and my son, who has autism had been hospital homebound. I'm just getting back to trying to lose the weight again, but I need more motivation and support as well. I just started walking with my neighbor M-F at 6:30 a.m. It has helped make me more accountable and I found I eat less. I am 51 years old and have had

back and knee surgey. Let us all stay motivated and lets not give up on being healthy and fit again.   

Best Answer
0 Votes