Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1000 calorie deficit, still not losing weight

ANSWERED

I've been logging my food meticulously, getting 10K - 15K steps per day, tracking sleep, and adhering to a 1000 calorie per day deficit.  My weight is yo-yoing back and forth by about 4 pounds.  Two weeks into this, I am currently at my starting weight.  Calories are coming from proteins, fruits, veggies, and lean meats.  I have no known health issues...thyroid function is normal. 

This is so frustrating.  A friend is doing weight watchers, eating way more food than I am, and she has lost 10 pounds in two weeks.  Is the fitbit's process of tracking your calorie burn truly accurate?

Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124
Interesting stuff.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in any of Fitbit’s metrics Re calories consumed, since they are so generic. Also, there a posters on this forum who report that Fitbit is often way off on distances run, etc. But logging food is extremely useful. And the activity metrics a good way to look back at the week about how much activity you did, if only time-wise.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

When one uses the Fitbit trackers with built-in GPS (and have it activated), the distances are pretty accurate; typically with less than a .5% error.  That said, every once in a while the GPS loses satellite lock and the results can be kind of screwy, you know, like showing you running directly across a lake or running through a building.  The newer trackers do not run into this issue anywhere near as often as my original Surge model did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A lot of it is what your eating, not how much you are eating. That includes what you are using for cooking, sauces, spices as well. 
Do a more in depth dissection of what you are intaking. I use MyFitnessPal to show me my Macros and Micros (it links right to Fitbit). You could be eating amazing, but you could be intaking more protein then you're body is burning so it will store it as fat. You could over doing your fat intake more then you are burning off and again the body will store it as fat. 
Fitbit doesn't do this in-depth analysis of your food as many thing. You're calorie deficit also so really extreme. You need a 45% protein, 50% carbs, 35% fat macro. No more then 53gs of sugar a day and reduce your sodium to 2,300g a day. MyFitnessPal can show you this break down and then it'll sync it to the Fitbit app for you to show you calorie-in and out ratios. You should also be doing around 1200-1600 calories a day depending how well you can keep within your macros.  
Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great advice 🙌🏼
Same age - no losing like I used to, will try these ideas…

Best Answer
0 Votes

Question, are you female? (Sorry cant see picture).

I do the same thing. It is so hard around menstrual cycle and so many factors involved. Perhaps you are having too much stress ? How much are you working out ? In the luteal phase i find we definately have to cut back if you are a runner or do Intense exercise. But the first 2 weeks do whatever you want. 

Also I am wondering if 1000 calorie deficit is just too intense (especially in the second half of your cycle) and you should maybe try -500 calories for those two weeks or switch to strength training more so then. Just some ideas. 

I'm getting horrible water retination a lot and its always those last 2 weeks... in fact I just felt a lot of water weight drop today, I went on the coffee diet today (guessing solid food is evil cuz half fasting like this works )  and its day 27 of my cycle...too funny how it works and very fraustrating/depressing every month. 

Best Answer
0 Votes