Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 miles in 2015

Im in a group on facebook that is doing this as a challenge (it wasnt my idea) and I thought it might appeal to others on here, Im starting off behind as I only got my fitbit charge this week but im at 6.47 miles so far, I have a long way to go to get there! I am putting it in here as building my steps is a big part of my weightloss plan and I thought it might be a bit intimidating on the fitness board where people are racking up way more steps than I will be for a long while

Does anyone fancy joining me to try for this and post your miles in here as the year goes on? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
40 REPLIES 40

I think this is a FANTASTIC idea!

Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer
I cant take credit for it but thought it was a good one to share, glad its not just me!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great Idea...  Keep up the good work and remember to never give up.

Best Answer

Love it!  I would definitely like to participate.  How do you want us to post?  Weekly updates? Monthly?

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you pop down the distance you are at today, so I'm only using since I've got my fitbit which is 6.47 miles so far, then maybe update weekly or as you hit a distance you're proud of etc.

Today's steps will have to be creative its snowing here!
Best Answer
0 Votes

201.5 days if you're doing 10 miles a day. 100.8 days if you're up to 20.

Best Answer

i fancy it very much

Best Answer

I would love to join!  I'm at 82.1 miles for January.  Very cold here, but a new puppy will get you out what ever the weather!

Best Answer
Hi Joseph, those are great goals but personally there is no chance of me hitting that initially in the year, my current target is 2.5 miles a day and climbing!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. great to have more on board, as I say im starting from a low mileage starting point which will mean i need to do better later in the year but its achievable I think, Jenni whats your distance at the moment do you know? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on 61 miles for the year so far!!! Great idea! 

Best Answer
Thats a good start, Im now at 9 miles, I slipped in the snow so yesterdays step count was way down. Im going to try to get to get a higher count today to make up for it
Best Answer
0 Votes

26.49 miles as of today!! Woo hoo.  That's a marathon just since the 1/8/15.

Best Answer
I want to try this! What a great idea.
Best Answer

well done Donna

Hi 3boysandme, whats your total so far?

I'm one week down, I got my Fitbit last Saturday and I am at 17.49 miles tonight. Obviously I need to keep upping my steps to stand a chance of reaching the 2015. I have had a bad weekend for steps, with the kids at home and my husband around I didn't do the same things around the house to push my total and we couldn't really get out. Need to up my game next weekend

Best Answer
So far I am at 65 miles. I started on January 5th. I enjoy walking and
need the motivation to keep me going. I frequently find myself doing laps
around my house as the weather is not cooperating. My kids just laugh at
me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's good going 3boys. I have spent a lot of the weekend studying which doesn't help, in fairness I'm easy over my aim for this week but I could have been more over with a better weekend!
Best Answer
Thanks but I will need to really step it up to make 2015 miles this year
Best Answer
0 Votes

you aren't too far behind, to be on track today you would need 104 miles. I am hoping as the warmer weather kicks in I will get out more and get more miles in to make up for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes