Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

ANSWERED

I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603

Hi All,

I am hoping that everyone has a great week end and hoping you can have some fun fitbit activities to do.   Make sure you plan your exercise before the Super Bowl, at least that's what I'm going to do, that way I can enjoy myself and not have to get up after the game and work out for 1 to 2 hours. 

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been at the same weight for 2 1/2 months. I've been nailing my steps goal and moved it up to 1150 steps goal a day also staying in my calories goal but my weight have stop moving......HELP

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey NYCINNAMON, I am in the same boat.  Check your body fat percentage.  Muscle weighs more than fat and can really impact the lack of movement on the scale.  Are you feeling better?  Are you losing inches?  I gained a pound in January while being on target for calorie in vs calorie out and excersising like crazy.  It is frustrating to say the least!  While I gained a pound, I lost 4% body fat in January and 1 inch off the hips and waist.  It isn't always about the scale.  Keep up the good work!  I know you can do it!!!

Best Answer
Definitely measure yourself every 4-5 weeks, my weight loss stalled several times but overall since 1st Dec to today 7th Feb I have lost 3.9kg and 5cm (2 in) off my waist and hips and 4cm off my thighs, sometimes it's not about the weight, it's the measurements! I am now 1 size less than I was before. Keep persisting, reduce your carbs and increase your protein and fats can help enormously too, as carbs aid in fluid retention and hormone imbalances, so I have learned.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Ruby, I somehow relate to your situation about hormone imbalance. I am into remedies and I use at the moment Triphala tea and I am feeling so much better my legs and feet was hurting me but now I'm feeling energetic and healthier than before I was like crying to move my feet and ankles. I had several related hormonal issues but it seems I have no complaints about it. Research triphala health benefits if you decide to buy buy organic. Check if you can use it with your doctor trust me if you start using you will feel the difference short period of time. Some of the benefits are promoting weight loss and balancing digestive system. I hope this helps.
Best Answer

Thanks, I will

@miyamiya15 wrote:
Hi Ruby, I somehow relate to your situation about hormone imbalance. I am into remedies and I use at the moment Triphala tea and I am feeling so much better my legs and feet was hurting me but now I'm feeling energetic and healthier than before I was like crying to move my feet and ankles. I had several related hormonal issues but it seems I have no complaints about it. Research triphala health benefits if you decide to buy buy organic. Check if you can use it with your doctor trust me if you start using you will feel the difference short period of time. Some of the benefits are promoting weight loss and balancing digestive system. I hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CCGettingfit So happy to see you back, hope you had fun on your vacation, now let's get moving!   4% body fat, you go girl Woman LOL

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi coach, could you add me the challenges I have 35 pounds to lose.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in. tell me what I need to do to loose 25+ pounds in the next 90 days 🙂  thx Missya805

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Missya805 Increase your physical activity steadily, eat nutritious foods, and carry a reasonable deficit.  If you use Fitbit's food logger (highly suggested), keep a detailed and honest log of what you consume.

@Missya805 wrote:

I'm in. tell me what I need to do to loose 25+ pounds in the next 90 days 🙂  thx Missya805

Best Answer

I have been taking it easy for the first half of this month.  Both because I dropped a lot of weight in January, and because I have been feeling a bit "off" for the past two weeks.  I am feeling better now though and am slowly gearing for my monthly "personal walkathon" next week.  This coming week though I will be mainly doing indoor exercises since I would rather avoid the mounds of people outside due to the Pope's visit.  My February goal still stands: another 8 to 10 lbs.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Missya805 wrote:

Focus on your diet.  Weight loss is 70% to 80% diet and 20% to 30% exercises.  Here's a good website I share with my clients to help them with their diet, www.choosemyplate.gov.  

If you are exercising, I recommend consuming no more than 1700 to 1800 calories per day and no fewer than 1200 calories per day.

Best Answer

I am finding that Low Carb High Fat is the only way to go, check out www.dietdoctor.com  . It is free and full of useful tips and advice and its a meal plan that you can stick to for life. I initially started my weight loss journey in June 2013 when I hit 84kg (185.2 lbs) and I am only 5"1" and felt ill, really ill. I joined Weight Watchers and yes I did lose weight on and off but I was always hungry lethargic and ill but I did get to 68kg (149.9 lbs) and had had enough, gradually the weight started coming back on and I was still ill, lethargic. I got really serious again when my weight crept back to 71.9kg (158.5 lbs) in November last year and rejoined Weight Watchers and purchased my Fitbit Zip believing the only way to regain energy was to expend more, wrong, I had to fix my diet first. Many years ago a doctor told me to up my Carbs and reduce my Fats and I followed that advice and it led me to being the heaviest I had ever been in my life, very bad advice. Tasty but exremely bad for overall health. Since I started using my Fitbit Dashboard and tracking everything I eat there I have found that nutritionally I was not in the game, my Carbs were too high, insufficient Proteins and Healthy Fats, using the Dashboards feedback (food breakdown) I could evaluate more between filling and healthy and thanks to members in the over 60's group I learned about the Diet Doctor food plan, full of filling, healthy and satisfying real foods and have been following this plan since 5th Feb. Lost 1kg (2.205 lbs) last week alone, current weight 67kg (147.7 lbs) and back on track to my goal of 57.9kg (127.7 lbs), that last 20 lbs might be my hardest but with the Diet Doctors plan I believe it will be achievable.

Best Answer

@RubyH wrote:

I am finding that Low Carb High Fat is the only way to go, check out www.dietdoctor.com  . It is free and full of useful tips and advice and its a meal plan that you can stick to for life. I initially started my weight loss journey in June 2013 when I hit 84kg (185.2 lbs) and I am only 5"1" and felt ill, really ill. I joined Weight Watchers and yes I did lose weight on and off but I was always hungry lethargic and ill but I did get to 68kg (149.9 lbs) and had had enough, gradually the weight started coming back on and I was still ill, lethargic. I got really serious again when my weight crept back to 71.9kg (158.5 lbs) in November last year and rejoined Weight Watchers and purchased my Fitbit Zip believing the only way to regain energy was to expend more, wrong, I had to fix my diet first. Many years ago a doctor told me to up my Carbs and reduce my Fats and I followed that advice and it led me to being the heaviest I had ever been in my life, very bad advice. Tasty but exremely bad for overall health. Since I started using my Fitbit Dashboard and tracking everything I eat there I have found that nutritionally I was not in the game, my Carbs were too high, insufficient Proteins and Healthy Fats, using the Dashboards feedback (food breakdown) I could evaluate more between filling and healthy and thanks to members in the over 60's group I learned about the Diet Doctor food plan, full of filling, healthy and satisfying real foods and have been following this plan since 5th Feb. Lost 1kg (2.205 lbs) last week alone, current weight 67kg (147.7 lbs) and back on track to my goal of 57.9kg (127.7 lbs), that last 20 lbs might be my hardest but with the Diet Doctors plan I believe it will be achievable.

Glad you found something that works for you.

Best Answer
Hi RubyH,
I also am doing a low carb diet and I read the Diet Doctors site and Ketodiet site. They are very informative and helpful. I also am 5 foot 1 inch and back in June last year I was about 82.5 kgs. I say about because the scale I used turned out to weigh 4 kgs light as I found out when I switched to a weight watcher scale and then I changed to an Aria when I got my Fitbit on the 1-1-2016. It weighed a further 500 grams heavier than the weight watcher scale. It was difficult mentally to have to accept 2 different heavier scales as I felt I was losing the same kgs for ages From June till about the beginning of November I tried to eat sensibly and I did lose some weight. Then I got onto the low carb method and lost weight much better, then joined Marcus’s challenge on the 1-1-2016 having just got my Fitbit and Aria scale and at that date I was 68 kgs and I also joined the weekly weigh in group started by Move it Move it a bit later on. Move it’s group is very good for me as we are accountable each week. On March the 2nd my husband and I are going to Australia for about 2 months to travel around and I wont take my Aria scale as I have an Omron one over there so that will weigh differently as well I guess but once I weigh myself on it I will be able to see how I go for the 2 months or so until I am back home and get on the Aria again.
All the best with your low carb program.
Scalemedown.
Best Answer
Hi Scalemedowm, you have done far better than I have in just over a year. I have several health issues which I am almost certainly now convinced were diet driven, so for now I am concentrating on adapting to this plan which I think is awesome as I am actually eating less than before and beginning to feel more energised so it won't be long before I am back to getting fitter and stronger as this LCHF food plan is more nutritionally healthy. I hope you really enjoy your travels over here in Oz, like the states it's a huge country but an awful lot of it is unliveable. Gets terribly hot here where I am in the northern tropics of Queensland and it's the nicest area in Oz, always green thanks to the nearby mountains and rainforest and a high annual rainfall of 4.5 mean metres per year. Thanks for the tip on the aria scale, but I've noticed that no two sets of scales read the same, lol.
Cheers Ruby
Best Answer
0 Votes

Focus on your diet.  Weight loss is 70% to 80% diet and 20% to 30% exercises.  Here's a good website I share with my clients to help them with their diet, www.choosemyplate.gov.  

If you are exercising, I recommend consuming no more than 1700 to 1800 calories per day and no fewer than 1200 calories per day.

@CoachMarcus Thank you for this information it is very helpful.  This explains why my husband, who only exercises once in a while, loses way more weight than me.  He really focuses on his diet, while I get out there and exercise like crazy.  I need to find that balance between exercising and healthy eating.  I'm not doing bad, but I could do better.   I have learned so much from the fitbit community and it is wonderful.   I also believe that reading about other people's struggles and victories helps me realize that I am not the only one who fails and falls down a lot.   I know it helps me seeing other people who fail and they don't give up, they just keep on trying and that is me, I fail, but I don't give up.  I have now lost a total of 23 pounds, but I'm sticking with this because you all motivate me.  I have a lot of weight to lose, so I'm sure I'm losing faster then someone who only has 30 pounds to lose.   It is so nice to see everyone getting healthy and fit and sharing your stories.   Have a wonderful and fitbit good day.

Best Answer
@MusicMaker - Congrats on your 23 pound weight loss. Remain consistent and you will reach your goals.
Best Answer

hi coach &hi all.

please can I join your challenge. I got my fitbit hr for my 47th birthday on sunday & am finding it soooooo addictive. I would like to lose another 6-8lb by the end of march when I am bridesmaid to a friend. I am currently following slimming world (but on my own as have done this in the past) & jogging 3 times a week, hoping to cover about 15miles overall. have found that the fitbit along with my garmin gps watch are great motivation.

good luck everyone Smiley Happy

current weight is 11.8.4lb  xx

Best Answer

@amberenchanted wrote:

hi coach &hi all.

please can I join your challenge. I got my fitbit hr for my 47th birthday on sunday & am finding it soooooo addictive. I would like to lose another 6-8lb by the end of march when I am bridesmaid to a friend. I am currently following slimming world (but on my own as have done this in the past) & jogging 3 times a week, hoping to cover about 15miles overall. have found that the fitbit along with my garmin gps watch are great motivation.

good luck everyone Smiley Happy

current weight is 11.8.4lb  xx

Hi @amberenchanted

Of course you can join the challenge.  It is a continual challenge that anyone can join.  Keep track of your Beginning weight on Day 1 of your challenge and at the end of your challenge.  You have 6 weeks to reach your weight loss goal, which should be doable.  Make sure you focus on your daily calorie consumption.  Since you're exercising, I wouldn't go above 1700 to 1800 calories each day.  Don't go below 1200 calories per day to help keep your metabolism going.  Make sure you eat 3 meals per day, along with healthy snacks in between each meal.  Your snacks should be no more than 150 calories each. 

Best Answer