Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

ANSWERED

I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

I too want to lose weight this year.  Twenty pounds in 90 days would be wonderful, so I'd like to participate in your challenge.

DrPC

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Focus on your diet.  Weight loss is 70% to 80% diet and 20% to 30% exercises.  Here's a good website I share with my clients to help them with their diet, www.choosemyplate.gov.  

If you are exercising, I recommend consuming no more than 1700 to 1800 calories per day and no fewer than 1200 calories per day.

@CoachMarcus Thank you for this information it is very helpful.  This explains why my husband, who only exercises once in a while, loses way more weight than me.  He really focuses on his diet, while I get out there and exercise like crazy.  I need to find that balance between exercising and healthy eating.  I'm not doing bad, but I could do better.   I have learned so much from the fitbit community and it is wonderful.   I also believe that reading about other people's struggles and victories helps me realize that I am not the only one who fails and falls down a lot.   I know it helps me seeing other people who fail and they don't give up, they just keep on trying and that is me, I fail, but I don't give up.  I have now lost a total of 23 pounds, but I'm sticking with this because you all motivate me.  I have a lot of weight to lose, so I'm sure I'm losing faster then someone who only has 30 pounds to lose.   It is so nice to see everyone getting healthy and fit and sharing your stories.   Have a wonderful and fitbit good day.

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford

Best Answer

Have you tried resistance training?  Resistance training while losing weight can prevent muscle loss, as well as add new muscle (especially if you are a beginner).  

Take a look at some of these:

http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/workout-routines/index.html#3

http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/top-10/index.html

@NYCINNAMON wrote:

I need some advise......I losing weight but my body fat % is going up. What can I do to stop this and get it to go down.

Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603

I too want to lose weight this year.  Twenty pounds in 90 days would be wonderful, so I'd like to participate in your challenge.

DrPC

Best Answer
Awesome! This should be fun.
Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer

Me too 🙂

Best Answer

Count Me In!

Best Answer

I'm in 😄

Best Answer

I'm in 🙂

Best Answer

I also would like to try please.

Best Answer

YES!!! I'm excited!

Best Answer

I'M IN

Best Answer

I am actually going to try to loose 50 Pound in this 3 months! I have my plans for exercise, morning running outside and inside doing abs and afternoon going to Gym for atleast 2 hours and back home to do again and evening I will go running outside again and home to do abs!

I have restriction in food as well. I am being confident on myself, I want to see my goal to be achieved as man! 

Best Answer

I'm in, but what and how do we engage?

Ruby 🙂

@CoachMarcus wrote:
I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Best Answer

I am new to FITBIT, only had it for 3 days, but would love to try the 90 day challenge with you all, if your have me in your group

Best Answer

I up for the challenge

MicheleSmiley Very Happy

starting weight (today) 11 st 11lb

12/01/2016 - -4lb

Best Answer
I'm definitely in and ready for the challenge! Happy New Year everyone! 🙂
Best Answer

I want to join the challenge too!

Best Answer

Me too want to take the challenge. I am new to fitbit community. How do we track progress...?

Best Answer

Would like to join!

Best Answer

I would love to join!  My 1st goal is 40lbs by my 40th bday in July.  So if i could loose 20 in the next 90 days i would be happy!

Best Answer
I'm working towards 35 pounds to get rid of..and 90 days will be a very good kick start to lose some of it. I have never been more ready! Along with my gym routine I'm incorporating a clean eating regime.. This is what has worked best for me in the past. I'm really looking forward to the next 90 days with you guys!! 🙂
Best Answer