Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

ANSWERED

I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603

I'm in.  I'm a newbie to fitbit and this challenge will be a great way to start my weight loss.

Best Answer

Yesterday was a good day, only 89 more to go in the challenge!

Best Answer

Walked to the store. Fitbit says 33 minute walk, 261cal burned & 2,298 steps. Not counting carrying two full bags of shopping home. Do that five times a week and I'm sure I will notice the difference. Would normally have driven, but just as easy to walk & build exercise into your day.

Best Answer

Thanks for the Challenge!  Appreciate the additional motiviation.  Lost 30 pounds in 2015 and am down to the last 20!  Good start at the gym this morning, 65 minutes on the Elliptical.  Healthy meal plan established for the day, just need to stay focused and stick with the plan!  

Best Answer

I know I'm a day late but I would like to do this challenge too ! 

Best Answer
Welcome everyone. 3500 calories equals 1 pound of fat. You can lose 1 pound a week by burning 3500 calories more than you consume each week. Set a goal to burn at 500 calories more than you consume each day.
Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer

I'm in with a goal of 32 pounds by March 31.  

Also, I'm new to Fitbit and need to add some friends to compete with.  Anyone looking to add some friends feel free to friend me.  🙂

Best Answer
I'm interested in joining! I have 50+ lbs to lose and this will help me jump start my journey!
Best Answer

@CoachMarcus wrote:
Welcome everyone. 3500 calories equals 1 pound of fat. You can lose 1 pound a week by burning 3500 calories more than you consume each week. Set a goal to burn at 500 calories more than you consume each day.

True, but it is unlikely any given weight loss is 100% fat loss. Some lean mass (muscle) may be lost too. Hence the importance of doing some resistance training when on a caloric deficit, to minimize muscle loss.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

helpful advice. thanks.

Got my Fitbit for a Christmas present.  People I know that have one have said that it motivates them to increase their activity - trying to beat their own numbers. I have to agree. I wait everyday to feel that vibration on my wrist that says I reached 10,000 steps! It's amazing the impact of increasing the duration of the dog's walk, walking to the corner store rather than taking the car, spending a few more minutes on the eliptical.

Trying not to step on the scale until next Saturday morning.

Best Answer

Hi I want to join too

I've ate clean since January 1st, weighing in at 227lb.

Training Kris gethin 12 week video trainer, 2 x light cardio per day, weights 2 days on 1 day off. Eating Clean, no sugar, minimal fat.

I bought my charge hr today to help me stay motivated, feel free to add me as a friend. 

Best Answer

I'm in! Is there a group for this forum thread?

My goal is to get back to where I was when I felt healthy, and alive. That was ~15 lbs ago when I was effortlessly, and consistently active back in high school. When I think about my routine back then, it included 8 hours of sleep, plenty of water, scheduled meals, 45 minutes of mandatory phyiscal education, and 1-2 hours of cross country/track running, plus a daily walk to and from school. A healthy living structure was built into my day, and really put me into a zen mode. That habit of healthy living is where I want to be. My biggest struggle is acheiving consistency. I train for and run 1-2 half marathons a year (I'm lucky that I actually love to run), but the rest of the time I sporadically exercise, work long hours, and eat sweets resulting in no net weight loss! I'm looking to change that and lose 15lbs by March with the help of fitbit's integrated wristband, scale, data logs, app, and hopefully some other fitbit users! 

Best Answer

i am in! Starting tomorrow for 90 days!

Best Answer

I took my dogs on a hike today. I burned about 240 calories, I believe.  I just got my fitbit for Christmas and I really love when it vibrates at 10,000. I'd be disappointed if I didn't get at least that in a day. Good luck everyone 😄

Best Answer

Hi Mojo-1,

Thanks for your upbeat post!  Congratulations on your healthy day.  I'm new to fitbit and loving it so far.  The temperature where I live has taken a dip, but I'm managing to get just over my 10,000 steps indoors.  I'm a true neophyte, having never been serious about fitness, but my body is showing its age and I need to get moving to maintain health.  This challenge and community is sure to help!Smiley Happy

Spoiler

Best Answer

I'm keen too.  A couple of days late to join but hope you will still have me.  I am in a little bit of a bind as my Charge HR is in the process of being replaced by Fitbit however I am still keeping my activity levels much the same (around the 13000 step mark). 

Look forward to lots of motivation and support.  I am in New Zealand so suspct some of the posting times might look interesting - as I am so far intot he future!  🙂 

M

Best Answer

Hey Everyone, I would love to join this challenge too. I got my fitbit before christmas and just love it!! Really feel encourages me to keep active and to walk places i would normally drive my car to. I would like to lose around 15 pounds ideally 🙂

Best Answer

i'm in! lets do this!!!

Best Answer
I'm in! That is exactly the goal I would like to achieve.
Best Answer

I know I'm a little late, but would love to join you all in this challange. I too am new to fitbit and hope to learn and lose a lot in the next few months.

Best Answer