Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

ANSWERED

I'm starting a 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on January 1, 2016.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I previously lost 60 pounds from May 2011 through December 2012 and would like to trim down a bit more.

Anyone interested?

Track your starting weight on Day 1 and your ending weight on Day 90.  This group will be here to encourage and support each other, while also holding each other accountable.  Feel free to share your successes and challenges, along with any helpful tips.  You can also ask questions. 

Your PAST does not determine your FUTURE
Best Answer
603 REPLIES 603

Second 30 day update (a few days late).  Since the last update, I have dropped 5 lbs, bringing me to 20 lbs since the New Year.  So, that suit jacket I mentioned earlier: fitting even better now.  So are those pants that I mentioned that my colleaue fixed up for me.

I didn't do any weight training in February, but will plan on some sessions this month.  More walking also of course.  The goal for the final stretch is another 5 lbs.

Here is to the final 30 days!

@Tave wrote:

First 30 day update.  Since the start of the challenge, I have dropped a net of 15 lbs.  More than that though, I am beginning to fit into my clothes better.  For instance, a suit jacket I could not even button before I am able to button.  The pants I am now wearing are two inches smaller in the waist.

It is all about the small victories.  Now to focus on resuming a deficit in February after eating around maintenance for the latter part of January.  My goal for the second set of 30 days is another 8 to 10 lbs gone.  I am also aiming to increase the amount of weight training sessions I do.  

How are others faring? 

Best Answer
Ruby. Im game
Best Answer
0 Votes

Checking in again, hello all, keep up the good work

SW Jan 3 154.1

CW Mar 5 141.8 total lost to date 12.3

GW Mar 31 140 revised down to 135

UGW Aug 127 revised down to 126 lbs = 9 stone = 57 kg = BMI 23.7 a good weight for my 5'1" height and a long term goal to re attain it.

Congratulations everyone, working at your goals beats anyone who chooses not to ! We can all Do It !

Quote " My Body is MY HOME and I CHOOSE to make it an AMAZING place to live ! "

Best Answer

Great work RubyH.  You are rocking the challenge.

Best Answer

Great job everyone!!!

Best Answer

I need some advise......I losing weight but my body fat % is going up. What can I do to stop this and get it to go down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried resistance training?  Resistance training while losing weight can prevent muscle loss, as well as add new muscle (especially if you are a beginner).  

Take a look at some of these:

http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/workout-routines/index.html#3

http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/top-10/index.html

@NYCINNAMON wrote:

I need some advise......I losing weight but my body fat % is going up. What can I do to stop this and get it to go down.

Best Answer

@NYCINNAMON wrote:

@NYCINNAMON Resistance training at least 2 to 3 days per week will help you build muscle and burn fat.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@CCGettingfit, Have you heard of the 5/2 plateau buster. For 5 days you eat your normal intake and for 2 days you cut your calories way back 500-600 female or 700-800 male. They do not have to be consecutive days, so choose your least active days to do this and focus on proteins and low calorie carbs, but mostly protein. Over a period of a few weeks it becomes second nature to you and does not harm you in any way. A lot of differing cultures traditionally eat in this way, best thing is, it works.

@CCGettingfit wrote:

Plateau!  I had been stuck at the same weight for 6 weeks straight; when finally, I pushed down a 2 pound loss this week!  Finally!  I think I read every article available about busting a weight loss plateau over the past month.  How to escape a Plateau?  First and foremost, never stop working out.  I never gave up on my beliefs in fitness and moderation.  Yes, moderation.  Most of the articles that I read promoted cutting calories further and/or increasing activity.  But, in my humble opinion and personal case, cutting calories further would not have been sustainable.  I really want this to be a lifestyle and not another yo-yo diet, so I kept calorie intake around 1500 per day while burning an extra 400 to 600 calories daily with activity.  I am working out 6 of 7 days per week (this week it will be 7 for 7).  I am a firm believer in heavy weight training for 3 days per week and at least 3 days per week of robust cardio activity.  Body fat dropped over 4% since January, which is a likely contributor to the plateau.  I can't share how utterly frustrating it is to work so hard and not see weight loss results.  I am grateful for Fitbit friends for encouraging and supporting me these past weeks.  You have helped me stay focused and kept me positive when I wanted to bang my head against the wall!  Hopefully, the loss will stay on the books!  But, for now, I am feeling so much better and hope to see a slow and steady weight loss progression!  Have a great weekend! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Checking In again

SW Jan 3, 154.1

PW Mar 5, 141.8

CW Mar 11, 139.6

GW was 140, passed it, now aiming for 135

UGW by August 126 lbs

Congratulations to all of you, Working at it is the first goal, achieving it is releasing your inner power and your inner awesomeness. 

Best Answer
Congrats! You're an inspiration to us all. 🙂
Best Answer

SW dec 28 146.6

CW Mar 11, 135.8

GW for Mar 7 was 139... passed it.    🙂

Next goal weight 130.    Aiming ... 6 weeks    🙂

I've tried countless ways to drop wieght.  By far doing over 10,000 steps per day and maintaining the calorie weight loss count has done it for me.   Very pleased.   Congrats to all who are sticking with this.  

Best Answer

@Toko Great job!  It has been a while since I've been here, I'm missing this group.  I'm doing good, losing 2 to 3 lbs most weeks, but the inches are coming off really fast, yes.  I have to admit that there are days I really don't want to go to the gym because my body hurts so much.  Usually I push pass that and still get up and go, but every once in a while I stay home, like today.  I'm going for a nice long 5 miler to make up some of that time, but I will say I feel good and rested, maybe I needed to stay home.  Great job everyone, hang in there and there will be less of us next month.

Schedule: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste time. Henry Ford
Best Answer

Checking in, Greetings all and I hope St Paddy's day was kind to you all,

SW Jan 3 154.1 BMI 29.1

PW Mar 11 139.6

CW Mar 19 137.8 BMI now 26

UGW by Aug 126 BMI 23.7

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mar 25 Check In, Happy Easter All,

SW   Jan 3, 154.1

Feb 6, 149.9

Mar 5, 141.8

LW   Mar 19, 137.8

CW  Mar 25,  136.7 (BMI 25.8)

UGW  126 (BMI 23.7) loss to date 17.3 lbs, 11 lbs to goal.

Best Answer
You all.sharing your weight loss is so motivating. Congratulations to you awesome job. 😉
Best Answer

Hi Coach Marcus, I am a couple of days early but will report now on my results of the 90 day challenge as I do not know if I will have coverage on the actual due date.

I started this challenge on the 1-1-16 at   68 kilos and am now 54.3 kilos so I have passed my hopeful expectations by a good amount.  In pounds that would be   68 kgs is 149.6 lbs   and   54.3 kgs is  119.5 lbs  so that is a loss of 30.1 lbs in just short of 90 days.

Thank you for the challenge.

Scalemedown.

Best Answer

@scalemedown that's outstanding work!  Great job.  I am looking forward to others' news as well.  Just a few days left.

@scalemedown wrote:

Hi Coach Marcus, I am a couple of days early but will report now on my results of the 90 day challenge as I do not know if I will have coverage on the actual due date.

I started this challenge on the 1-1-16 at   68 kilos and am now 54.3 kilos so I have passed my hopeful expectations by a good amount.  In pounds that would be   68 kgs is 149.6 lbs   and   54.3 kgs is  119.5 lbs  so that is a loss of 30.1 lbs in just short of 90 days.

Thank you for the challenge.

Scalemedown.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Tave. All the best.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, Everyone! I am happy to report that I reached my 90 day goal and I lost a total of 24 lbs (10.8 Kg). My goal was to loose 20 lbs. I started at 183.5 lbs on January 7, and was 159.5 lbs on March 26.

Thanks, @CoachMarcus for the challenge, and thank you all for your encouragement and tips along the way. I am heading on to my next 10 lbs down by the middle of May. 

Best wishes to you all as you continue your journey to optimal health.

Ellie

Best Answer