Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowance and variations to calories

ANSWERED

Hi all

I know your daily limit of calories to eat and the amount of calories burned is worked out on your weight, but I have a question.

If you have an Aria which automatically updates your weight on the weight section, does it also amend the amount of calories burned in a day and your daily allowance too?

It just came to me when I saw I had burned over 4,000 calories today (to be fair I have walked lots of miles) and had the thought that this may not be a true amount burned as I have lost over a stone since I started. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It should update whether your weight gets updated from your Aria scale or whether changes in weight are added manually. It should be updating your BMR based on whenever your weight is changed as well as how many calories you are burning.

I have a couple activities that make it easy for me to tell that Fitbit has updated my calories burned. I log riding on a stationary bike and doing yoga regularly so when my weight has gone down a little bit, I burn a couple less calories for the same amount of time. I have only noticed slight differences in the calories burned for these activities having lost less than 10 pounds. I'm guessing that you haven't lost two stone, just somewhere in between one and two stones lost based on your post, so I wouldn't think you'd have a huge amount of calorie burn difference between your new weight and your higher weight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I am pretty sure that the system does refer to the latest information entered to do its calculations. One reason for my belief is that my calorie burn per minute at rest (e.g. while sleeping) as shown on the activities tile as gone down along with my weight.

Hope this helps

Marking your question "solved" lets others know that they may find an answer to a question they have in this thread
Best Answer

It should update whether your weight gets updated from your Aria scale or whether changes in weight are added manually. It should be updating your BMR based on whenever your weight is changed as well as how many calories you are burning.

I have a couple activities that make it easy for me to tell that Fitbit has updated my calories burned. I log riding on a stationary bike and doing yoga regularly so when my weight has gone down a little bit, I burn a couple less calories for the same amount of time. I have only noticed slight differences in the calories burned for these activities having lost less than 10 pounds. I'm guessing that you haven't lost two stone, just somewhere in between one and two stones lost based on your post, so I wouldn't think you'd have a huge amount of calorie burn difference between your new weight and your higher weight.

Best Answer

Thanks guys.  I didnt realise that it only altered the alories by a minimal amount for weight loss.  I thought it was going to be quite a noticeable number.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rob87 wrote:

Thanks guys.  I didnt realise that it only altered the alories by a minimal amount for weight loss.  I thought it was going to be quite a noticeable number.  

If you were VERY active during the day and your TDEE was large, you'd likely notice a big change in number, but the % would be minor.

Same as lighter, same % probably, but since smaller numbers in general, perhaps not noticable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes