Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August Challenge...Who will join me?

Hello fellow fitbitters,

I am pretty new here, but I love my Flex and the motivation it has given me so far.  I have decided to challenge myself further by starting this thread for a challenge for the month of August.  My challenge for the month of August will be to lose a minimum of 5 lbs., maintain at least 10k steps per day, and continue to log my food on a daily basis.  Your challenge can be whatever you want it to be.  Please feel free to share and we can motivate each other throughout the month and share our results.

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

August is almost finished, a bit late for me to join, but I would love to join a similar challenge for September.Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is never too late to join.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Wrongway,

You are right it is never too late, count me in, great challenge to lose 5 lbs, maintain 10k steps per day and log my food daily.  This is a challenge, let see what I can accomplish in 10 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
since you are doing it in less than half the time we had maybe set weight goal a little lower, the rest is a daily challenge and does not matter how many days left in the month.? Welcome
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Wrongway, I will still try to reach the 5 lbs, you never know, much can be accomplished in 10 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi jolacha1!  Please visit us at the Monthly Challenge Activity Group.  It started 8/1, but will roll over every month, and you can start anytime.  Real friendly people and very motivating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Writing down what I ate has showed me I've been over eating we have been on vacation  and couldn't get on my computer so didn't get my steps down. I think I'm not going to make my goal  this month, but I'm going to keep trying and continue into Sept, anyone else have the same problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I am still meeting my initial goals so far, but I have slowed down from where I really wanted to be.  Darn summer cold going on 2 weeks now and in the process of moving.  I think the key is just to keep going and not get derailed by whatever else is going on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow! Sounds like you have set yourself some high targets. I have lost 7lbs so far and am exercising more, really enjoying trying to beat my targets everyday, not doing it everyday but I am getting there. Good luck with yours, let me know how you get on.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hope the cold soon goes you poor thing. Keep up the good work. I have lost 7lbs so far and already feeling better.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Lyro, I really enjoy a challenge and would like to stay with your group.  Will you be starting a new discussion for September or are you continuing this one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I am seeing this August Challenge a "little" late in the month. If you continue beyond August count me in.  Supporting each other is the best tool for success.  There are two types of people. Those that recognize the value of team work and succeed. And those that do it alone and wish for better results.

Best Answer

Well said AAWarrior.  Team work all the way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like your challenge. I want to lose 5 lbs by end of Sept. I am recooping from 3 knee surgeries in the 18 months. So, I have a few challenges of my own to work through.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello All,

Glad you are all so motivated!  We will roll the challenge over each month in our activity group.  Go to the Activity Groups Section and search for: Monthly Challenge Group - Starting 8/1/14.

Hope to see you all there!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I failed for this challenge, but have set a new one, so I hope fully will do better!

Best Answer
0 Votes

my goal is 10,000 steps a day. please friend me!

Best Answer

Most of the people in this group have joined the group called "monthly challenge group-8/1/14" come join us there and enjoy a very motivating and supportive group of people.

Best Answer
0 Votes

November is almost here!  Our group rolls over every month...come join us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in for November!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes