Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bariatric Journey

Hey guys I'm hopefully getting my gastric surgery in 10 day. I got a fitbit to help me start moving. Right now due to my weight and arthritis I only manage about 1000 steps a day but I'm going to be workng with PT on top of the surgery to improve this. Is anyone else on the same road that may want to chat or be buddies to push eachother?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @sarah.mckann - Good for you, taking control of your health like that!! I’m on a journey to lost weight in order to take control of type 2 diabetes and arthritis. (Down 25 lbs since the pandemic started.) Not the same as yours but I’d be happy to join you here. We can encourage each other. Hopefully others on a bariatric journey will join us. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sarah.mckann - regarding step goals - When my leg was at its worse, I was only able to manage 2,000 to 3,000 steps a day so I changed my step goal to 2,500. This way, I could enjoy the encouragement when I reached my goal. It’s a little thing, but it helped me. Slowly but surely, I moved my goal upward San I was able to move more. Just a thought ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sarah.mckann but it is 1000 more than you could be getting, so good rock on. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes