Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before You Start a "Fix" or a Popular "Program"

I'm sure I'll get some boos for posting this, but I do have lots of experience trying to lose weight and get in shape. Many of these programs are short-term because they only provide short-term results. The initial motivation is great, but if you don't have a long-term plan, they're wasted time and wasted money. Most of these programs make it so easy to shed the pounds (just follow their instructions to a tee - no matter how much you hate the food, etc.), and so easy to put it right back on.

Just a reminder that none of these programs offer any supplements or foods you cannot purchase and make for yourself at a much lower cost. And many of the hard-pushing exercise programs are too much for your body to handle without proper notice (i.e. working up to the strength and speed training).

I know many of us want to fit into that new bathing suit or dress we plan to wear for a special event, but is it really worth the potential damage to our health? Is it worth shedding 10 pounds quickly, even though we'll likely put it right back on?

The best way to get fit and lose the weight is to be consistent on a daily basis over the long term. Otherwise, we're just spending lots of money on Band-Aids, and when we tear those off, it's gonna hurt.

I'm an ecommerce and online business consultant who sits most of the day. Getting off my butt with a Fitbit Flex since 12/2014.
Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@PamelaHazelton wrote:

I'm sure I'll get some boos for posting this, but I do have lots of experience trying to lose weight and get in shape. Many of these programs are short-term because they only provide short-term results. The initial motivation is great, but if you don't have a long-term plan, they're wasted time and wasted money. Most of these programs make it so easy to shed the pounds (just follow their instructions to a tee - no matter how much you hate the food, etc.), and so easy to put it right back on.

Just a reminder that none of these programs offer any supplements or foods you cannot purchase and make for yourself at a much lower cost. And many of the hard-pushing exercise programs are too much for your body to handle without proper notice (i.e. working up to the strength and speed training).

I know many of us want to fit into that new bathing suit or dress we plan to wear for a special event, but is it really worth the potential damage to our health? Is it worth shedding 10 pounds quickly, even though we'll likely put it right back on?

The best way to get fit and lose the weight is to be consistent on a daily basis over the long term. Otherwise, we're just spending lots of money on Band-Aids, and when we tear those off, it's gonna hurt.

Very prophetic statements indeed ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Love this post. Love it!

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@helenarriaza wrote:

Love this post. Love it!

There you go - a moderator loves it - how good can it get.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive tried them all and they all work. There just impossible to stick to as yuo get bored of the same stuff and the expense. Since going fitbit ive learned that the old method is so true. Burn off more than you put in and you will loose weight. 

For me, I eat the same stuff, just way smaller portions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes