Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie Deficit Specifics

So this is more of a theory question than anything specific to a Fitbit, but I'm wondering if you should always try to meet your calorie deficit on a daily basis, or if meeting it on a weekly (or monthly) basis produces the same results.

For example, if I go over my allowed calories by a few hundred one day, can I make it up the next day and still lose the same amount of weight (as long as I'm still burning 3500 calories a week)? Conversely, if I know there's a day I'll probably miss my budget, can I prepare for it by burning more calories in the days previous?

Or is it not that simple?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2
Well.. losing weight is a numbers game.
You need to burn or not take in 3000 calories for every lbs u want to lose.

Taking in or burning a net of 30k in a week will probably help u lose 10lbs.

I think its best to try to stay within your daily intake established for your weight goal. Try not to gorge one day and make up for it by starving yourself the next two days. That's a recipe for disaster
Best Answer

simple answer yes, if you want to 'undereat' to create a greater deficit so that you can create some extra calories later in the week, or for an event then you can totally do this successfully as long as you're still hitting your weekly or monthly calorie deficit goal. I do this when i have an event planned that ive decided to eat/drink at, i'll basically eat about 150 calories less each day, and bank them so i have an extra 750 to play with at the weekend and still meet my pound loss goals.

Best Answer