Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie counter question

Hello all, newbie here:-)  I want to lose weight and chose the 1 pound a week or -500 calories a day option.  My fitbit says I have taken in 1,268 calories so far today and cals out is 2,074, and 417 left in the budget.  I am not sure why it says 417.  Is it calculating based on likely cals burned the rest of the day? (it's 7pm here).   Help please?  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

You are correct. The algorithm estimates your calorie expenditure for the rest of the day (until midnight) by looking at an average of your expenditure for that time period (your past history). You should adjust based on your plans for the rest of the day whether you plan on adding or not doing a late evening workout, for example.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I know I shouldn't be obsessed with numbers.
Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you for info

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MacandLacy  I've never tried to use anything like you are doing but it looks to me like you haven't quite saved 500 calories for the day yet.  Stop eating is what I suggest.  

Best Answer
0 Votes