Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories in and out

My first day using Fitbit charge, apparently my calorie out is around 3000 calories today which includes my exercise caculated at 350 and also BMR and all my steps ? Does this sound about right and if it does, does that mean I have to eat 3000 calories to maintain weight ? Sounds really high any advice would be much appreciated

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It depends on how big you are, body composition, sex, and probably a bunch of other stuff.   If you eat 3000 calories for a few days and start gaining a bunch of weight, you'll know it was too high.   It would be way too much for me, as a short woman.  If you're a big, muscular dude it might not be enough.  

Best Answer

It’s impossible to answer your question without knowing anything about you. You can use this online calculator to have a second opinion. It uses the same underlying equation to estimate your BMR as Fitbit.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you log all your eating, you may find 3,000 calories is less food than you thought.  Suggest you measure and observe for a few weeks to understand where you are.

Best Answer
0 Votes