Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories intake are always under

My calory intake is always in the blue (meaning under) does this mean I am not eating enough?

I struggle with an eating disorder and eating is generally difficult for me (however I am overweight) should I be trying to push my calories to the green zone (good) or just keep doing what I am doing?

Are there negatives to my intake staying in the blue?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

What measures calories blue or green?  I doubt it is possible for you to be eating too little and be overweight.  You could google and ask how many calories  a woman your age and height should be eating to maintain your weight, and the number you should eat to lose the extra weight you said you have now.  They usually ask something about your activity level but what you eat mostly determines what you weigh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you set a weight loss goal?

That means your eating goal ALREADY has a deficit to it to cause fat loss, well, hopefully only fat loss unless you went extreme in your choice, in which case include muscle mass which will suck now and later.

Would you get close to goal weight and say that's good enough? Or is a goal something to reach?

So to eat even less than goal means you are making it more extreme - that sounds like a bad idea if you already had an eating disorder.

Bigger diet is not better.

Faster is not better.

Depending on how fast you said you wanted to lose which causes your eating goal, and how far under that you are falling on constant basis - the negatives to an extreme diet are:

Muscle mass loss - most diets cause upwards of 25% already if enough protein isn't eaten, resistance training done, and reasonable deficit used.

Body adapting to undereating too much by slowing you down daily, not recovering from exercise, and conserving calorie burn - meaning you burn less than you were and could be burning.

Body getting stressed and slowing down more required processes like growing hair or nails or replacing skin, for women cycle turns sporadic or stops.

Final attempt body makes is slowing down metabolism and other base functions - immune system impaired, repairing body from injury, ect.

Those negatives combined with extreme diets being part of the 80% failure rate to reach or maintain a goal weight - means it'll be harder the next time around. And the next, and the next.

Ask around how many 50-60 yr old's have spent a lifetime yo-yo dieting with a dislike of their bodies and problems with food - not a good place to be in.

Be reasonable, be sustainable, adhere to goals - and find success.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes