Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories remaining can't be right - Help

Hello everyone I need some help

ifni start with today and the data that I have from logging food on mfp and tracking activities using my Fitbit. 

Today i I eaten 1800 Calories. I had a normal day at work walking 10k steps and cycled there and back burning 500 Calories combined. 

I am 6 foot and currently weigh 14 stone 5lb

my issue is I am being told that to continue losing weight I need to consume another 2000 calories. This can't be right can it?? Everyday I am massively under how many calories I should eat. I know that my body will burn though muscle if I am not careful but I honestly don't feel like I could eat another 2000 calories. 

Any help as to whether this is right or wrong would be appreciated 

thanks

kieran

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

How much weight do you want to lose.  To get a better idea of how many calories you burn, consider putting your information in here:  http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/bmr/

I assumed male, 6ft, 201lbs, 30 years old, and aiming for 175.  You can fine tune it with your true age and goals.  Based on the numbers I just gave, BMR is 2030.  This is how many calories you eat if you did nothing but sleep all day.  Without knowing the length of your biking commute let's assume that you are moderately active.  So, to go down to 175 you would eat ~2895 calories a day.

So try that for a while and see how it goes.  Other questions that would affect my answers to you are:  How many calories does your tracker say that you are burning, what type of tracker, and how much of a deficit have you got it set for.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Hi, did you check that all of the foods you've logged on MFP are appearing on your Fitbit dashboard? Mine hasn't been syncing correctly the last 2 days and Fitbit is telling me to eat more because it's not got all of the food from MFP in it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Were do you have your calorie deficit set?  Fitbit gives you options up to 1000 calorie deficit per day.  I would double check your food log, set your calorie deficit at 1000 and see if that feels better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It appears they base their calorie calculations on calories in = calories out.  It's a flawed system.  Ignore it & do what feels right and gives you the results you want.  As long as you're eating at least 1500 calories per day, you should be OK in terms of getting enough calories.  For me, on the days I walk 6 miles it tells me I should eat 3000 more calories even though I have it set to hide 1000 calories per day...on my days off it says I've "overeaten".   It also says based upon what I'm doing I should be losing ~ 5 pounds a week.  I lose 2 per month on average - why? - because every body is different & those are just guidelines for people who are just learning how to manage things themselves.  You need to do what is right for you & ignore what doesn't fit.

Best Answer