Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eating before bed

What is the best thing to eat before bed? Bed time is between 9:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m and I ate dinner at 7:00 p.m. but now I am hungry.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Something with protein, as usually that has high satiety for most people, so won't have to eat as much.

Side benefit there, if you did a good workout today and body would like to repair something overnight, there's the protein to do it.

Other benefit, if it's totally not needed, it takes energy for it to be converted to glucose, which will then be stored in muscles or liver if there is room. And in a diet, there is always room.

So doesn't have to be some protein only, but try have that is at least equal or better than carbs. Fat is filling too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer

If Im hungry at bedtime, and I know Ive eaten my caloric intake for the day, I drink a glass of water (sometimes my body confuses hunger for thirst). Sometimes (often) Im not really hungry....its either emotional or habit eating. 

Its ok to go to bed hungry (if youve eaten your caloric intake for the day)

Just speaking for myself, but breaking some of these long standing, unhealthy habits is HARD! Nightime eating was one oof the hardest for me. 

Ive become quite adept and figuring out how much physical activity I would have to do to wear off the extra calories I think I want to consume.........

I ask myself if my momentary ccraving for 'just a little something' is worth un-doing the progress Ive seen on the scale.

See, for me....its not really about the snack I want at bedtime....its about undoing a lifetime of bad habits 🙂

Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes