Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encouragement without steps

Very new to Fitbit and I am loving it! So much so, that I have decided to delay my planned foot surgery for this Friday (2/28) in order to conitnue to hopefully lose more weight (I've already lost 6 pounds), so my end result will hopefully be more successful.  

I got the green light from my Doc, and now I am focused.  I, however, have to stay in a walking cast the entire time until I have the surgery, and have to limit the amount of time I'm on my foot (I have nerve damage), so I'm looking for ideas on how I can burn more calories and still have it register through my Fitbit. I love being able to see what I'm doing.  I thrive on instand gratification, so this is a real winner for me.  

I know some of you may have had experience with other excercises that are lower impact but tend to register well on the Fitbit, so thought I'd ask.  

Thanks in advance!  

Please join me on MFP! Kara_Lisa
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4
Recumbent bike (I clip my FitBit on my sock), get in the pool (but not with the FitBit), elliptical (might not work with the boot). Don't overdo it! Good luck!
- Heather
Best Answer
0 Votes

1. My approach is to keep my fit bit on and to only eat the calories it allows me based on my activity.  

2. you'll burn more calories than normal just because you are healing, this is a cool bonus.

3. walking is always my body's favorite!

Inga
Best Answer
can you step from side to side ?? it will register the Fitbit One does
Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, it is just as easy to walk as it is to step side by side.  Does it register bike activiity? What about boxing (like on the wii?) anyone have experience with those?

Please join me on MFP! Kara_Lisa
Best Answer
0 Votes