Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling guilty after bad eating

this is week 5 of my journey. the first 3 weeks of my journey went well and i lost 12 pounds. the 4th week i had lost some motivation and did not lose any weight. and now its wek 5 and i just got back from a 4 day vacation where i did not eat very well at all!! i feel like im losing sight of my goal because it is so far away for me. and every time i lose sight, i end up quitting. i have been diagnosed with PCOS and i need to lose weight to be healthier and hopefully become pregnant afterwards. that is a big motivator for me but the journey is so long that it is easy to give up or lose motivation. my goal is another 30 pounds and my doctor would love to see me 60 pounds lighter. how do i get back on track after two not so good weeks? i know i need this and quitting is not an option, but i just dont have the drive that i did a few weeks ago. you think i would with why i am doing this, but that does not make weight loss any eaiser. tips and tricks for staying motivated would be appreciated!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Kryssy90 - Motivation is one of the hardest things to sustain and long term goals seem to get farther away each day. I've done the diet, exercise, lose focus, fail, gain weight cycle more than once. I'm now ending month 5 of my new journey and still going strong. Here are some things that have helped me: first, don't consider your diet/exercise plan temporary. You're making a life change - to be stronger and healthier for your baby to be - so any change needs to be something you're going to stay with. Second, make those goals smaller. 30 pounds is long term, focus on a 10-15 pound loss figuring a maximum of 2 pounds per week. As for staying motivated, I'm a reader, so in my start up weeks I read diet and exercise books and adopted little sustainable tips and tools for my plan. Then I started reading books about people who really challenged themselves - Wild by Cheryl Strayed (also a movie) and The Barefoot Sisters. You are a unique person and your journey will be just as unique. So, start small, stay with it, find your motivation, and when you have set backs just take it in stride, pick up the next day and move on. Keep moving!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find myself at that place more often than I'd like. Why don't you get a couple buddies to join you on your weight loss path? 

Also, I found comfort in Overeaters Anonymous meetings, since I knew I was eating my feelings every now and then. A support group like this will help you feel at peace with your surroundings and yourself. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you for the kind words. i am feeling better with every day that passes. i have reminded myself of why i started and told myself that time will pass anyways, so why not make healthy choices? and a year from now when im the happiest and healthiest ive ever been it will all be worth it. its just hard to pick yourself up and brush it off when you have setbacks on something that is important to you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes