Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa Accuracy

Hi,

I have a question about fitbit accuracy for Calories burned.  I am referring to my walks.  I 5'9" weigh 260 and am walking 3.5 miles an hour for an hour, walking 3.5 miles.  Fitbit activity is giving me 827 extra food calories for that walk.  I hope this is right, but 827 seems high.  I have verified my step distance is correct. I wonder if this has any bearing on my 3 month plateau.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

My nutritionist once told me that calories "gained" from exercise should never be added to your daily caloric range. However, two others have told me that if you add any for exercise, it should be no more than half of what you burned. So if you are burning 827 calories on this walk, then at most you should add 400 calories to your daily caloric range. I say range because for me there's about 100 calories and I still lose the weight, more than that and my body gains either fat or water weight. 

Best Answer
Ok, thanks. Fitbit is adding those calories to my daily goal, although it
may not be the total 827. I may cut that back as you say

Thanks,

Rick,
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SeabeeRH..the easiest way to manage in vs out is to know what your TDEE is. This will give you the calories you should be burning daily. If you eat below that amount at a reasonable deficit, you will lose. If you eat above you will gain, to you will stay the same. track your calories in and when your tracker gives you your total calories out, you can determine if a snack is on the menu for the day... 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Hi @emili, could you remind us what the letters TDEE stands for? TIA -- 

@emili wrote:

@SeabeeRH..the easiest way to manage in vs out is to know what your TDEE is. This will give you the calories you should be burning daily. If you eat below that amount at a reasonable deficit, you will lose. If you eat above you will gain, to you will stay the same. track your calories in and when your tracker gives you your total calories out, you can determine if a snack is on the menu for the day... 

Versa 4 through a Motorola Razr 2023 // Retired Charge 5, Blaze, Versa and Charge HR // Fitbit Fan since 2016, 50+ pounds lost
Best Answer

Hiya..total daily energy expenditure. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks you. I have that part down with losing 64 lbs in 9 months, just
wanted to know how accurate fitbit calculated calories. I am probably in a
major plateau

Thank You,

Rick
Best Answer
0 Votes