Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Counter Cals in vs Cals out

I've been entering my food into the tracker, and just today, I created a food plan to help me lose weight. When I did that, the display shows that my cals in are over budget, but they are clearly less than the cals out. It corrected all entries from this week, and I can see that every day, I've eaten less calories than I've expended, so I don't know why they are showing as over instead of under. Does anyone know how to fix this so it reports accurately? 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I'm having the same problem. And even though I have averaged eating 1089 calories this week, my weight is up 4.5 lbs in a week. I don't mean to hijack your post. But I can't help but be frustrated. I hate that pink line!

Best Answer

Hi @BGreen3 and @GrannyGoGo! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community! Smiley Very Happy Heart

I'm really happy to see that you're very interested in using the Fitbit Food Plan to get better results when using your Fitbit tracker. If you're starting a new food plan there is some basics that you need to know, since you have to take in count the different variants like for example the amount of pounds you want to loose or gain, and in some others if you just want to maintain your weight! Cat Embarassed

In your case @BGreen3, as you started your food plan after you've entered your food data, all the information that you have in the past will be changed depending on the weight goal and the plan intensity that you've chosen; since the daily calorie deficit will be different everyday. It'd be almost the same explanation for you @GrannyGoGo, sorry that you've seen that pink line; I'm sure you both will do so much better after you understand how to take advantage of this feature. Why don't you take a look of this master post that has all the details on how the food plan works.

If you have any doubt about it, please let me know! I'll be happy to help. Smiley Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Does it not take into account the calories that you've burned with the exercise? Because the Food input section tells me I have more calories "available" and seems to auto-adjust based on activity, whereas once I'm in the section to actually add food, I see lots of pink telling me that I'm over budget, yet the calories that I've expended is higher than those input. It sends mixed information.

Best Answer

Hi @BGreen3 thanks for getting back! 

You have a really good question! The answer is yes! It does count the calories burned during exercise. Just make sure that your device has synced whenever you're logging in your food data. Are you using any other third party App to log your data? Do you have more than one tracker pair to your account? 

Food plan does calculate your budget goal every time that you enter new data but remember that depending on the plan intensity that you choose will request more exercise due to the Daily calorie deficit. Which is basically the extra amount of calories that your budget takes into account to loose or gain wait. 

Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 3.42.57 PM.png

If you need more information please add some screenshots of your Food Plan you're getting so I can give you specific details. You can see your Food Plan details on your Fitbit.com Dashboard. Click on Edit Plan to review it (see picture 1 below.) Or you can also adjust your Daily Calorie Estimate Setting (see picture 2 below.)

1food.PNG

food plan.png

Happy to help! Smiley Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thought I better jump in here and tell you all the 4.5 lbs was from prednisone. It is gone now plus another pound. In fact, I am now below 200 for the first time since 2009. 

This is serious joy time!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @GrannyGoGo! Thanks for sharing this information with us. We celebrate your victories! 

So happy to know that you're doing great with your goals! Keep it up and feel free to come back at any time, in case that you have questions about your Fitbit; or you can just hand around, there is plenty information here and new ways to make friends.

Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips. This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: You know you're a Fitbit addict when...... or Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here!

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes