Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have been having problems losing weight

so I had my doctor refer me to a registered dietitian.  My first appointment was this morning.  Turns out, I've been going about it all wrong.  I lean towards a low carb diet and out of laziness, my nutrition has been completely unbalanced (for instance, last night I had a bbq'd homemade beef burger - just the meat, and that was it).  Not only was I not getting enough calories, but my portions of veg/fruit/meat/grains were so far out of wack.  I told her that I work well with accountability, so I have bi-weekly check-in appointments set up with her.  She's also going to help me modify my diet after my knee surgery (I won't be walking for a couple/few months.)

Have a feeling this is the start of a good journey. 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

That sounds great! Im sure it will work well for you.

Sorry to hear about your Knee.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

if you have problems losing weight, you are not eating too little calories,you are starving yourself until your body can't take it anymore and you eventually binge.

i do not think there's a "right" proportion on veggies, meat and fat. i believe in "eat the types of food you want just get your blood checked to know everything is in the healthy limits." that's what i did when i consumed more eggs than i regularly do (i had my blood checked after 2 months), when my cholesterol levels came out normal (and i did not feel anything different), i continued.

2 months from now, i will have my blood checked again.

Best Answer